You may not submit for a permit until Douglas County Zoning has given written approval, which must be included with the permit submittal.
- Douglas County Building Permit Application – The general contractor, electrical, plumbing and mechanical must be listed on the application. The contractors must be registered with Douglas County and listed prior to issuance of the building permit.
- Site Plan including elevation- Must show the building location as shown on the approved SIP, and handicapped units if multi-family.
- Construction Plans – Submit complete set of plans on white paper in blue or black ink that are stamped by a licensed Colorado Engineer or Architect. A Colorado Engineer must stamp the plumbing, mechanical, structural, and electrical plans.
- Foundation Plans – Submit complete set of engineered plans. Include one copy of the structural calculations and project manuals.
- Water and Sewer – Submit a letter from the governing districts for that area if required.
- Deed – A copy of a recorded warranty deed or lease agreement.
- Architectural Control Committee approval if applicable.
- Soil Report – The report, to be completed by a licensed Colorado Engineer, is for the area of proposed construction.
- Fire Department – Approval has to be received before the permit can be issued. The submittal of the plans to the governing fire department is the responsibility of the General Contractor or Owner.