Patio or deck cover permit requirements
- Building Permit Application. If contractors are being used they shall be listed on your application at the time of submittal (Home Owner Agreement Form ).
- Construction documents. One set of scaled (¼” = 1’) construction plans on white paper in blue or black ink. Plans shall include:
- Site plan showing dimensions to property lines and other structures. NOTE: It shall be the sole responsibility of the property owner and/or permit holder to verify the location of all utilities and easements including water, sewer, well, septic, electric, phone, cable, fiber optic and gas prior to excavation or construction of any structure.
- Structural framing plans shall include all dimensions, species, and size of lumber, size, and spacing of caisson footings, posts, beams, rafters, a ledger attachment detail, and type of roof covering.
- All trusses shall be engineered.
- Elevation drawings showing complete construction including all exterior elevations
- Letter from Architectural Control Committee (ACC) (where applicable). If this letter is not included with your submittal, your permit will be placed “on hold” for 10 working days to allow notification of the Architectural Control Committee.
Shade structures such as pergolas and ornamental garden structures that are not subject to a uniform snow load are exempt from permit. All work exempted from permit is subject to applicable zoning requirements and the regulations of other agencies having authority.