Project Name: The FullCircle Program – Douglas County Chapter
Funding Amount Requested: $48,000.00
Response to Application Questions
1. Describe the agency/organization applying for this funding.
We are a non-profit 12 step based, enthusiastic approach, recovery community organization serving at risk youth and their families. We provide support through individual/group meetings for youth/family and social events for youth at no cost.
2. Describe the need for this funding. What is the problem/opportunity this program/project would address?
In Douglas County, 1 in 5 youth face mental health challenges, 15% of youth are grappling with substance use disorders. FullCircle will look to address this by establishing a safe and confidential support network/space where young people can connect.
3. What are the goals of the project? How many Douglas County youth will be impacted and what specific impacts or benefits will they receive?
Decreases in self-harm incidents, substance misuse, and harmful behaviors. Increases in mental health, positive coping skills, seeking of professional help. Since 2022 we have served over 50 Douglas county families and expect a 50% increase.
4. How would this effort promote access to programs and activities for youth who are underserved in the Douglas County community?
FullCircle being more accessible in Douglas county will provide the underserved within the community free local services. It works as a support/referral center for families, treatment centers, community partners, and mental health professionals.
5. How will the effort be promoted to Douglas County youth?
FullCircle would collaborate with schools, community centers, and local mental health organizations. Utilizing social media, workshops, and outreach events to raise awareness about its effectiveness in supporting youth/families struggling.
6. How will this project be sustainable and continue to support Douglas County youth after this one-time funding source? What are the plans for the program long term?
We are actively seeking additional funding opportunities, engaging in partnerships with local stakeholders, and using community support to ensure the continuation and growth of our program beyond the initial grant period.