Project Name: HardBeauty Hope Youth resilience programming
Funding Amount Requested: $59,568.00
Response to Application Questions
1. Describe the agency/organization applying for this funding.
HardBeauty Foundation (HBF) is a 501C3 nonprofit organization that provides peer life and recovery coaching services, recovery support services, and pro-social community activities to youth, men, and women ages 14 and up in Douglas County, Colorado.
2. Describe the need for this funding. What is the problem/opportunity this program/project would address?
Grant funding will provide programs dedicated to youths ages 14-24 on the topics of emotional regulation, resiliency, boundaries, life-skills, and personal development. HBF employs 6 certified youth coaches and plans to promote 1 to run this program.
3. What are the goals of the project? How many Douglas County youth will be impacted and what specific impacts or benefits will they receive?
Goals include increasing resiliency in area youths, reducing stigma/shame around family history or personal traumas, creating environment for post traumatic growth, facilitate learning/peer connection through shared experiences. 100 youth served.
4. How would this effort promote access to programs and activities for youth who are underserved in the Douglas County community?
HBF plans to connect with area schools such as DC Oakes, DCHS, Castle View, eDCSD, and into Parker/Highlands Ranch to offer free access to our coaching cohorts, to provide resources and education to young adults in need, and to their parents.
5. How will the effort be promoted to Douglas County youth?
In person, at schools and in areas youth gather via flyers, marketing, t-shirts, social media though targeted advertisement, by connecting with administrators and counseling offices at area high schools to promote these free peer education groups.
6. How will this project be sustainable and continue to support Douglas County youth after this one-time funding source? What are the plans for the program long term?
HBF plans to do youth fundraising, art show fundraiser, and other targeted fundraising to ensure we continue to provide resources to DougCo youth. HBF will continue to apply for funding through regional grant funding, as well as utilizing BHA funding.