Project Name: Youth Scholarship Fund
Funding Amount Requested: $5,000.00
Response to Application Questions
1. Describe the agency/organization applying for this funding.
The Town of Parker’s Recreation Department provides a wide variety of recreation and leisure services to the residents of Parker, Colorado, including sports, fitness, swimming, day camps, and more.
2. Describe the need for this funding. What is the problem/opportunity this program/project would address?
Seeking funding to increase scholarship awareness and recipients for recreation programs for those with limited resources. This would allow more low-income families to participate in these programs, creating several positive impacts.
3. What are the goals of the project? How many Douglas County youth will be impacted and what specific impacts or benefits will they receive?
50 DC children. Increase the number of scholarships provided. Increase awareness donations to scholarship fund. Specific benefits include a positive impact on their physical, social, and academic well-being, reduced stress/other chronic diseases.
4. How would this effort promote access to programs and activities for youth who are underserved in the Douglas County community?
The scholarship program will promote access by making programs more affordable, encouraging pro-social activities, and raising awareness of financial barriers promoting understanding and compassion for those who are struggling.
5. How will the effort be promoted to Douglas County youth?
Current coaches and participants; partners providing financial assistance in DC, i.e. Task Force, SECOR, CASA; current scholarship recipients; Parker Rec print/electronic publications: brochure, website, Social Media, Town and TR Newsletters, email.
6. How will this project be sustainable and continue to support Douglas County youth after this one-time funding source? What are the plans for the program long term?
Funds are requested to assure the scholarship account is healthy and fully funded before increasing marketing and award amounts. Long term funding will be through marketing campaigns, donations and grant funding to serve 100 recipients annually.