A Resolution of the Board of County Commissioners of Douglas County, Colorado that establishes land use classifications within zone districts. The health, safety, convenience, aesthetics and welfare of the present and future residents of Douglas County are assured through the regulations, prohibitions and procedures described within the document.
This Zoning Resolution governs the use of land for residential and non-residential purposes, limits the height and bulk of buildings and other structures, limits lot occupancy and determines the setbacks and provides for open spaces, by establishing standards of performance and design.
The Zoning Resolution also prescribes:
- Procedures for changes and modifications of districts,
- uses by special review, variances, and other permits,
- allowing for nonconforming uses and buildings,
- providing regulations for accessory uses and buildings,
- defines terms, provides a means of appeal, and remedies for violation of its provisions. The methods for modification to the Zoning Resolutions are also established.
Information is available on each of the planning processes, which utilizes the Zoning Resolution.
For Custom Zone District Maps please contact Planning Services at 303.660.7460.