Dawson Butte is peaceful and inspiring. The open, flowy, curvey trail follows the natural contours of the land and takes people on adventures through forested areas and meadows. This trail is popular year-round because it has a mix of shade and sun.
Hours: Open one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset.
- 7.7 miles (5-mile loop and 2.7 miles of extra horse paths with over 60 jumps)
- Hiking; horseback riding; mountain biking and snowshoeing.
- Pets are allowed on leashes.
- No motorized vehicles.
- Respect Wildlife – elk, bears, mountain lions, and many other wildlife species call this land home.
- Handicapped accessible picnic tables
- Unpaved parking lot for cars and up to 20 horse trailers
- Fencing rails