Dawson Butte is peaceful and inspiring to visitors, with an open, flowy, curvey trail that follows the natural contours of the land and takes people on adventures through forested areas and meadows. The trail is popular year-round due to the mix of shade and sun throughout the trail.
Address: 1753 Tomah Road, Castle Rock, CO 80109
Hours: Open one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset.
- 7.7 miles (5-mile loop and 2.7 miles of extra horse paths with over 60 jumps)
- Hiking; horseback riding; mountain biking and snowshoeing.
- Pets are allowed on leashes.
- No motorized vehicles.
- Dawson Butte trail map
- Handicapped accessible picnic tables
- Unpaved parking lot for cars and up to 20 horse trailers
- Fencing rails
- Respect Wildlife – elk, bears, mountain lions, and many other wildlife species call this land home.