The County Manager is responsible for implementing policies set by the Board of County Commissioners, recommending improved management practices, and directing county operating divisions. The County Manager and his staff prepare current and long-range operational plans; review all existing and future planning systems, personnel, equipment and facility requirements; and recommend procedures and standards for sound, effective county management. The County Manager also coordinates and maintains relations with other jurisdictions and agencies.
Staff supports the following:
- Board of County Commissioners
- CitizenAdvisory Boards, Committees and Commissions
- County Board of Equalization
- Developmental Disabilities Advisory Council
- Veterans Affairs
The Mission of the County Manager’s Office is to:
- Implement Board of County Commissioner policies by providing an efficient and effective support system that enhances each department’s ability to carry out its mission.
- Cultivate an environment of respect, support, and leadership that inspires and encourages organizational excellence, cooperation, innovation, superior customer service, and empowered employees.
- Act as a liaison between the Board of County Commissioners and other county departments, governmental entities, and the business community.