County hosting public workshop on proposed Zoning Resolution amendments regarding sign code regulationsA public workshop will be held on June 20, 2019 at 4 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room, at 100 3rd Street in Castle Rock to present proposed amendments to the Douglas County Zoning Resolution (DCZR Section 29 – Sign Standards). The purpose of the proposed changes is to clarify the intent of the sign code regulations and to conform with updated court rulings.
For more project information, visit Project Records Online, and enter project number DR2019-002 in the search tool or contact Jamie Hartig at email@example.com or 303-660-7460 if you plan to attend the workshop.
The Douglas County Zoning Resolution (DCZR) establishes land use classifications within zone districts. The health, safety, convenience, aesthetics and welfare of the present and future residents of Douglas County are assured through the regulations, prohibitions and procedures described within this document.
The DCZR governs the use of land for residential and non-residential purposes. It limits the height and bulk of buildings and other structures, as well as limits lot occupancy. The DCZR determines setbacks and provides for open spaces by establishing standards of performance and design.
The Zoning Resolution also prescribes:
- procedures for changes and modifications of districts,
- uses by special review, variances, and other permits,
- allowing for nonconforming uses and buildings,
- providing regulations for accessory uses and buildings,
- defines terms, provides a means of appeal, and remedies for violation of its provisions. The methods for modification to the Zoning Resolutions are also established.
Information is available on each of the planning processes, which utilizes the Zoning Resolution.
For custom zone district maps, please contact Planning Services at 303-660-7460.