- Five (5) members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
- Clint Dorris – Citizen Appointee
- Mike Dell’Orfano – South Metro Fire
- Nicole Hunt – Citizen Appointee
- Kory Nelson – Citizen Appointee
- Steven Bradburn – Homeland Security
- Two (2) members recommended by the Douglas County School Board
- Rich Payne – DCSD Director of School Safety and Security
- Lori Bachtel – SkyView Academy
- Two (2) members recommended by Douglas County law enforcement agencies
- Holly Nicholson – Kluth – Douglas County Undersheriff
- Jack Cauley – Castle Rock Police Chief
The Committees worked through June 2019 with a goal to formulate its recommendations and supporting documentation to the Board of County Commissioners by July 3, 2019, with a possible extension to July 15, 2019.
The Board of County Commissioners held a Special Work Session, on Tuesday, July 16 to hear funding recommendations and status reports regarding plans for the $13.3 million. Watch video. View the Committee’s presentation to the Board of Douglas County Commissioners.
On August 7, 2019, County launches process for schools’ access to $10 million in mental health and school safety funds Funding requests for eligible projects and services were due by 5 p.m. on Sept. 17, 2019.
On Sept. 18, 2019, the Commissioner announced “Remarkable Response” to Douglas County’s $10 million commitment to schools, Requests represent majority of neighborhood, charter, and private schools in the County
On Nov. 21, 2019, the Board of Douglas County Commissioners, via a live-streamed news conference, delivered their Report to the Community announcing Physical School Safety and Mental Health for Students Funding Decisions. View the presentation.
On Jan. 14, 2020, the Commissioners awarded $6.8 million to Douglas County School District and additional funds of $7.7 million for physical school safety and $990,000 to support mental health for students. The remaining $1.3 million of the total $10 million was set aside by the Commissioners for innovation and emerging technology. Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA)of $6,823,182 between Douglas County and the Douglas County School District
View Meeting Agendas / Minutes, click on meetings on the top toolbar, select Physical School Safety and Protection Funding Committee, and select 2019.