To view scheduled Maintenance Projects in unincorporated Douglas County visit www.douglas.co.us/road-work/maintenance-projects
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
C-470 Express Lanes Project
- February 18 for approximately 8 weeks – Mary Carter Trail Full Closure at the C-470 underpass to complete demolition work of the old South Platte Bridge as part of the C-470 Express Lanes project.
- February 19 through 21 – Full closures of the southbound and northbound I-25 ramps to westbound C-470 on Tuesday, February 19 through Thursday, February 21 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to set girders on the southbound E-470 to westbound C-470 Express Lane bridge.
- February 19 through 21 – Full closures of eastbound C-470 from University Blvd. to Quebec St. on Tuesday, February 19 through Thursday, February 21 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. to install permanent overhead sign structures.
- Monday, February 25, Wednesday, February 27 and Thursday, February 28 – full freeway closures of westbound C-470 from Quebec St. to University Blvd. to install a permanent overhead sign structure on Monday, February 25, Wednesday, February 27 and Thursday, February 28 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- February 26 – Full freeway closure of westbound C-470 from Broadway to Lucent Blvd. to install a permanent overhead sign structure, on Tuesday, February 26 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
For detour maps and more information please visit www.codot.gov/projects/C470ExpressLanes.
South I-25 Gap Construction
Since breaking ground in September 2018, the most active construction has been within a 5-mile stretch on the northern end of the project—between Castle Rock and Sky View Lane (Tomah Road)—where new, wider shoulders and Express Lanes are being built in the I-25 center median. But starting this week, crews are working on the southern end of the project between Greenland Road and Monument.
To prepare for building the work zones, crews are repairing damaged asphalt and restriping the pavement. As part of this work, drivers can expect overnight single lane closures from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sundays through Thursdays. The lanes and shoulders will become narrower, and speeds will be reduced. Please pay attention to and drive appropriately for the changing roadway conditions.
Work on the northern section will continue. Watch for trucks entering and exiting the center median. Please maintain a safe following distance, obey all posted speed limits, allow trucks to merge, and do not follow trucks into the work zone.
By summer 2019, the entire 18-mile corridor will experience active construction. Remember, all construction schedules depend on weather.
For more information and weekly updates visit the CDOT Project website at i25gap.codot.gov
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.