Traffic Alerts – Feb. 2020
This alert page is a one-stop-shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- C-470 Express Lane Project
- Ridgegate Parkway Widening ( City of Lone Tree)
- I-25 South Gap project Information / Traffic Impacts
- I-25 South Gap Frontage Road Update
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
C-470 Express Lanes Project
In an effort to maintain and enhance the safety of the traveling public and construction crews, the C-470 Express Lanes project in a joint effort with the Colorado State Patrol will be maintaining an increased enforcement presence throughout the Project Corridor through the completion of the project.
- Feb. 14 – 15 – Westbound C-470 full freeway closure from Broadway to Santa Fe Dr on Friday, Feb. 14 and Saturday, Feb. 15 from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. These closures are necessary to replace damaged permanent concrete panels.
- Feb. 14 – 15 – Full closure of eastbound C-470 from University Blvd. to Quebec St. on Friday, Feb. 14, 9 p.m. to Saturday, Feb. 15, 7 a.m. These closures are necessary for concrete replacement operations.
- Feb. 14 – 17 – Single right lane closure on the westbound C-470 off-ramp to Wadsworth starting Friday, Feb. 14 at 9 p.m. through Monday, Feb. 17 at 5:30 a.m.
- These closures are necessary for concrete replacement operations.
- Feb. 15 – 17 – Eastbound traffic will be limited to a single lane beginning at University Blvd. and continuing to Quebec St. on Saturday, Feb. 15, 7 a.m. to Monday, Feb. 17, 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary for concrete replacement operations.
- Feb. 16 – Westbound C-470 full freeway closure from I-25 to Quebec St. on for Sunday, Feb. 16 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. This closure is necessary to shift traffic into final configuration which will increase safety for all motorists by eliminating two curves in the temporary alignment. This closure will also allow crews to refresh lane lines that have been impacted by recent weather conditions.
- Feb. 21 – 22 – Concrete replacement operations will take place on westbound mainline C-470 on Friday, Feb. 21 and Saturday, Feb. 22 from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m.
- Feb. 21 – 22 – two full closures of eastbound C-470 from Quebec St. to I-25/E-470 on Friday, Feb. 21 and Saturday, Feb. 22 from 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. for concrete replacement
- Feb. 22, 23 and 24 – eastbound auxiliary lane between Quebec St. and Yosemite St. will be closed on Saturday, Feb. 2, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Feb, 23, 8 a.m. to Monday, Feb. 24, 5:30 a.m. to allow the new permanent concrete to cure. Delays are expected and alternate routes are advised.
- Feb. 22 – 24 – right lane closure on the southbound I-25 ramp to westbound C-470 starting Friday, Feb, 21 at 10 p.m. and will continue through Monday, Feb, 24 at 5:30 a.m. This closure is necessary to complete bridge work on the connector ramp. There will be no detour as traffic will be able to access westbound C-470 via the connector during the single lane closure.
- Feb. 22 – 24 – right lane closures on the Quebec St. on-ramp to westbound C-470 and the University Blvd. off-ramp from westbound C-470 starting Saturday, Feb, 22 at 8 p.m. and will continuing through Monday, Feb, 24 at 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to complete perform drainage work and replace permanent concrete panels. There will be no detours as traffic will be able to access both ramps during the single lane closures.
The City of Lone Tree will widen RidgeGate Pkwy to provide 2 additional thru-lanes in each direction (between I-25 and Meridian Village Pkwy), building new bridges over Badger Gulch and Happy Canyon Creek, installing 8-feet wide sidewalks (pedestrian) and a 12-feet wide cycle track (bicycles) along this corridor. A portion of the Project will utilize a split alignment.
This project is split into two phases. Phase 1 included the installation of two bridges and some earthwork has been completed. Phase 2 includes the remaining roadway expansion and is expected to be substantially completed by June 30, 2020.
RidgeGate Pkwy from Meridian Village to Peoria St. (both directions) will have shoulder closures with heavy construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway.
This is a City of Lone Tree Project – please contact Steve Fletcher ([email protected])
South I-25 Gap Construction Information
Watch for changing traffic patterns. Throughout the work zone, speed limits will be a maximum 60 mph. Pay attention! Two lanes of travel in each direction of I-25 will remain open during daytime peak travel hours.
For upcoming traffic impact dates, detour maps and more information please visit i25gap.cdot.gov
Stay informed about I-25 Gap construction:
I-25 South Gap Frontage Road Updates
This series of closures will allow crews to safely complete drainage work. For more information on frontage road closures, please visit the I-25 South Gap Frontage Road webpage. For detailed dates, stay tuned our Facebook page, @I25SouthGapProject.
For more information on frontage road closures, please visit the I-25 South Gap Frontage Road webpage.
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.