Traffic Alerts – July 2021
This alert page is a one-stop shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- I-25 South Gap project Information / Traffic Impacts – Check the project website for current information before traveling
- Lincoln Avenue Concrete and Overlay Project (City of Lone Tree)
- City of Centennial Roadway Projects
- City of Lone Tree Road Projects
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
- US 85 widening from two to four lanes between Louviers and Milepost 191.75
The northbound off- and on-ramps at Interstate 25 and County Line Road near Monument (Exit 163) are closing for about six weeks, allowing crews to remove the aging ramps and place them into a new configuration, as part of the reconstruction of the interchange.
DETOURS: For access to northbound I-25 from County Line Road, motorists will head south on I-25 and use the CO 105 interchange (exit 161) to go north. To access County Line Road from northbound I-25, motorists can continue north on I-25, turn around at the Greenland Road interchange (exit 167) and head southbound on I-25 to County Line Road.
The project has coordinated with local emergency responders to maintain access while the ramps are closed. The County Line Road Bridge over I-25 also will remain open to traffic.
Construction schedules are weather-dependent and could change. Current information is available on i25gap.codot.gov or by following the project on Facebook (@I25SouthGapProject).
Due to ongoing bridge construction, left turns will be restricted for vehicles over 35 feet:
- No left turns on the bridge from northbound I-25 to westbound County Line/Palmer Divide Road
- No left turns on the bridge from southbound I-25 to eastbound County Line/Palmer Divide Road
These restrictions are expected to remain in effect throughout bridge construction for the safety of crews and the traveling public. Please use CO 105 (exit 161). Once the bridge opens, watch for lower speeds and narrower lanes.
Construction schedules are weather-dependent and could change. Current information is available on i25gap.codot.gov or by following the project on Facebook (@I25SouthGapProject). To receive text alerts, text I25GAP to 21000.