Traffic Alerts – September 2022
This alert page is a one-stop-shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- I-25 South Gap project Information / Traffic Impacts – Check the project website for current information before traveling
- City of Castle Pines Road Projects
City of Centennial Road Projects
- City of Lone Tree Road Projects
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
- US 85 widening from two to four lanes between Louviers and Milepost 191.75
Current projects in unincorporated Douglas County:
- Broadway/Plaza Intersection and Signal Reconstruction May – September
- Business Center Drive – Phase 2
- C-470 Multi-Grade Trail over Yosemite Street
- Daniels Park Road (from US 85 to Castle Pines Pkwy) Construction
- Dove Ridge / Cottonwood Neighborhood Paving
- Gravel Road Projects
- Havana St/Meridian Blvd Intersection Improvements
- Highlands Ranch Neighborhood Projects
- Joint Sealing on Bike Lanes in Highlands Ranch
- Lucent and County Line Road – NOT Douglas County’s Project City of Littleton’s Project
- Palmer Divide Avenue
- Poston Parkway – June through September
- Titan and US 85 Northbound On-Ramp Project
- Trumbull Bridge – May-June
- Sageport and Bannock LID Project
- Stonegate Neighborhood Paving Project
- Waterton Road Extension
Douglas County’s striping crew will resume day-time striping operations in Highlands Ranch on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. This will continue during the month of September.
Beginning September 11, 2022, the County’s contractor will perform pavement marking maintenance on S Quebec St, S Colorado Blvd, and S Broadway corridors. Night work will occur between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
I-25 Gap Project
Week of September 12, 2022
Daytime I-25 Express Lane Closures
Tuesday, Sept. 13 through Friday, Sept. 16, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., motorists should watch for Express Lane (far-left lane) closures on northbound and southbound I-25 between Monument and Castle Rock for wall patching, striping and signage installation. At least two lanes will be open during this time for you to get to your destination – stay the course of I-25. Please be extra cautious driving through the work zone, watch for crews and follow posted speeds and signage.
Overnight Lane Closures
Overnight Tuesday, Sept. 13 through Friday, Sept. 16, watch for overnight lane closure hours along northbound and southbound I-25 as crews complete guardrail patching and repairs, and permanent striping operations.
• Northbound I-25 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
• Southbound I-25 – 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
At least one lane will be open during this time for you to get to your destination – stay the course of I-25. Please be extra cautious driving through the work zone, watch for crews and follow posted speeds. Check back for updated traffic info: https://www.codot.gov/projects/i25-south-gap/traffic-alerts
Visit: https://www.codot.gov/projects/i25-south-gap/traffic-alerts Or Text I25GAP to 21000