Traffic Alerts – December 2019
This alert page is a one-stop-shop to keep up with construction, maintenance and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- C-470 Express Lane Project
- Ridgegate Parkway Widening ( City of Lone Tree)
- I-25 South Gap project Information / Traffic Impacts
- I-25 South Gap Frontage Road Update
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
C-470 Express Lanes Project
In an effort to maintain and enhance the safety of the traveling public and construction crews, the C-470 Express Lanes project in a joint effort with the Colorado State Patrol, will be maintaining an increased enforcement presence throughout the Project Corridor through the completion of the project.
- Dec. 11 – 15 – Southbound I-25 full freeway closure at County Line Rd. on Wednesday, Dec. 11, Thursday, Dec. 12. Friday, Dec. 13, Saturday, Dec. 14 and Sunday, Dec. 15 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. and from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform overhead sign installation. The permanent sign being installed will be the largest sign structure in Colorado.
- Dec. 13 – 18 – Extended right lane closure on the westbound C-470 on-ramp from Quebec St. The left lane of the on-ramp will remain open. This closure will begin Friday, Dec. 13 at 8 a.m. and will continue through Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 5:30 a.m. This closure is necessary to tie-in the new permanent concrete on the ramp to the existing concrete on Quebec St. This closure will allow crews to safely complete paving operations while allowing the traveling public to maintain usage of the ramp.
- Dec. 16 – Eastbound C-470 full freeway closure from Kipling Pkwy. to Wadsworth Blvd. on Monday, Dec.16 from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. This closure is necessary to install a permanent overhead signage.
- Dec. 17 – 19 and 21-23 – Eastbound C-470 full freeway closure from Quebec St. to I-25/E-470 on Tuesday, Dec. 17 through Thursday, Dec.19 and Sunday, Dec. 22 through Monday, Dec. 23 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and Saturday, Dec. 21 and Sunday, Dec. 22 from 11 p.m to 6 a.m. These closures are necessary to install permanent striping in support of project completion.
- Dec. 16 – 19 and 21 – Southbound I-25, northbound I-25 and southbound E-470 to westbound C-470 on Monday, Dec. 16 through Thursday, Dec. 19 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and Saturday, Dec. 21 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform wall work, paving and barrier installation.
- Dec. 10 – Eastbound C-470 ramps to northbound E-470 and northbound I-25 on Monday, Dec. 16 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform underground drainage installation, grading and paving activities.
The City of Lone Tree will widen RidgeGate Pkwy to provide 2 additional thru-lanes in each direction (between I-25 and Meridian Village Pkwy), building new bridges over Badger Gulch and Happy Canyon Creek, installing 8-feet wide sidewalks (pedestrian) and a 12-feet wide cycle track (bicycles) along this corridor. A portion of the Project will utilize a split alignment.
This project is split into two phases. Phase 1 includes the two bridges and some earthwork with a substantial completion date of fall 2019. Phase 2 includes the remaining roadway expansion and is expected to be substantially completed by June 30, 2020.
RidgeGate Pkwy from Meridian Village to Havana St will have shoulder closures with heavy construction traffic entering and leaving the roadway. No lane closures are scheduled during this period.
This is a City of Lone Tree Project – please contact Steve Fletcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
South I-25 Gap Construction Information
Watch for changing traffic patterns. Throughout the work zone, speed limits will be a maximum 60 mph. Pay attention! Two lanes of travel in each direction of I-25 will remain open during daytime peak travel hours.
For detour maps and more information on the below items please visit https://www.codot.gov/projects/i25-south-gap/traffic-alerts
Long-Term Larkspur Ramp Closures
As part of the I-25 South Gap project, three aging bridges near Larkspur are being rebuilt. Construction is underway on two of the bridges — Spruce Mountain Road and Upper Lake Gulch Road. Demolition of the third bridge, the bridge spanning over Plum Creek between Spruce Mountain Road and Upper Lake Gulch Road, will begin in early November.
- Nine-month closure of the Spruce Mountain Road on-ramp to northbound I-25 reconstruction
- Various 16-hour closures of the southbound I-25 off-ramp to Spruce Mountain Road. Alternate access to I-25 is via Upper Lake Gulch Road
- Another series of overnight closures of southbound I-25 for bridge reconstruction later this year.
Two lanes will remain open in each direction of I-25 during peak travel times. All construction schedules are weather-dependent. The new bridge construction is part of CDOT’s Whole System – Whole Safety program and the I-25 South Gap project to improve safety and travel reliability.
Stay informed about I-25 Gap construction:
I-25 South Gap Frontage Road Updates
This series of closures will allow crews to safely complete drainage work. For more information on frontage road closures, please visit the I-25 South Gap Frontage Road webpage. For detailed dates, stay tuned our Facebook page, @I25SouthGapProject.
For more information on frontage road closures, please visit the I-25 South Gap Frontage Road webpage.
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.