Traffic Alerts – October 2019
This alert page is a one-stop-shop to keep up with construction, maintenance and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- C-470 Express Lane Project
- Ridgegate Parkway Widening ( City of Lone Tree)
- I-25 & Plum Creek/Meadows Parkway traffic signal improvements
- I-25 South Gap project
- South I-25 Gap Frontage Road Update
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
C-470 Express Lanes Project
In an effort to maintain and enhance the safety of the traveling public and construction crews, the C-470 Express Lanes project in a joint effort with the Colorado State Patrol, will be maintaining an increased enforcement presence throughout the Project Corridor through the completion of the project.
Colorado Department of Transportation will conduct a weekend-long full closure of the northbound I-25 ramp to westbound C-470.
This closure will begin Friday, October 18 at 10 p.m. and will continue through Monday, October 21 at 5:30 a.m. This closure is necessary to complete permanent concrete paving that will tie-in I-25 to the concrete on the new C-470 connector ramp.
Conducting a full closure of the connector ramp will eliminate the need for additional closures to create a detour route for motorists during paving work for the concrete tie-in. This will decrease confusion for the traveling public while increasing safety for motorists and construction crews.
Motorists will detour to E-470 Toll Road, no tolls will be charged during the full closure at the Peoria interchange along the assigned detour route. Depending on traffic this detour can add between 7 and 8 minutes to the motorists’ drive time. Please plan accordingly.
- Oct. 18 – Westbound C-470 full freeway closure from Wadsworth Blvd. off-ramp to Wadsworth Blvd. on-ramp on Friday, October 18 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform sign installation, roadway milling and asphalt paving.
- Oct. 19 – Southbound I-25, northbound I-25 and southbound E-470 to westbound C-470 on Saturday, October 19 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Oct. 19 – Eastbound C-470 full freeway closure from Wadsworth Blvd. off-ramp to Wadsworth Blvd. on-ramp on Saturday, October 19 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform sign installation, roadway milling and asphalt paving.
- Oct. 21 & 22 – Westbound C-470 full freeway closure I-25/E-470 interchange to Quebec St. on Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October 22 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform overhead signage installation.
- Oct. 21 – 24 – Eastbound C-470 ramps to northbound E-470 and northbound I-25 on Monday, October 21 through Thursday, October 24 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and Saturday, October 26 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform underground drainage installation, grading and paving activities.
- Oct. 23 – Westbound Platte Canyon Road on- and off-ramp full closures on Friday, October 18 from 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. This extended closure is necessary to perform weather-dependent permanent striping operations in preparation for a traffic switch.
- Oct. 23 – Westbound C-470 full freeway closure from Santa Fe Dr. to Wadsworth Blvd.on Friday, October 18 from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.This closure is necessary to perform a traffic switch onto new permanent pavement over the new South Platte River Bridge.
- Oct. 23-24, and Oct. 26 – Southbound I-25, northbound I-25 and southbound E-470 to westbound C-470 on Wednesday, October 23 and Thursday, October 24 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. and Saturday, October 26 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. These closures are necessary to perform wall work, paving and barrier installation.
- Oct. 24 and 27 Eastbound C470 full freeway closure from Wadsworth Blvd. to Santa Fe Dr. on Thursday, October 24 and Sunday, October 27 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. This closure is necessary to perform permanent striping and traffic shifts.
The City of Lone Tree will widen RidgeGate Pkwy to provide 2 additional thru-lanes in each direction (between I-25 and Meridian Village Pkwy), building new bridges over Badger Gulch and Happy Canyon Creek, installing 8-feet wide sidewalks (pedestrian) and a 12-feet wide cycle track (bicycles) along this corridor. A portion of the Project will utilize a split alignment.
This Project is split into two phases. Phase 1 includes the two bridges and some earthwork and began in April 2019 with a substantial completion date of September 2019. Phase 2 includes the remaining roadway expansion and is expected to be substantially completed by June 30, 2020.
RidgeGate Parkway between Havana Street and Meridian Village Parkway) and will be down to one lane on Tuesday, September 24th from 6 am to 6 pm for the bridge concrete pour. Motorists are advised to expect delays and seek an alternate route.
This is a City of Lone Tree Project – please contact Steve Fletcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Beginning Oct. 20, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and contract partner Interface Communications will begin roadway and traffic signal improvements at four different locations on Interstate 25 including Plum Creek Parkway and Meadows Parkway. The project has an anticipated completion date of late Nov. 2019. Work will take place Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Occasional night-time closures will also be required throughout the project.
As part of CDOT’s Whole System Whole Safety initiative, this project will improve safety by removing the deteriorating signal at Meadows Parkway, widening intersections to reduce congestion, upgrading signs to help motorists navigate the new alignment, and adding new traffic detection to improve real-time traffic monitoring.
Reducing congestion by adding dual right-turn lanes at Meadows Parkway, extending the left-turn bay at Castleton Dr. to lengthen and increase the room for traffic, converting the left turn lane at Plum Creek to a triple left turn to better accommodate traffic, installing bridge signs, removing and installing traffic poles, installing new vehicle detectors, widening the roadway, and upgrading the infrastructure.
The project will take place at the following locations:
- I-25 southbound off ramp; Exit 181 to Plum Creek Parkway
- I-25 northbound off ramp; Exit 181 to Plum Creek Parkway
- I-25 southbound off ramp; Exit 184 to Meadows Parkway
- Meadows Parkway
Motorists can expect the following traffic impacts:
- East and westbound single lane closures on Meadows Pkwy.
- Single lane and shoulder closures at I-25 off ramps (Exit 181 and 184).
- Larger trucks and commercial motor vehicles (CMV) needing to exit on southbound I-25 off ramp at Exit 184, Meadows Creek Pkwy, will need to detour to Castle Rock Pkwy at Exit 185 up to Santa Fe Dr. Detour signs will be in place to direct motorists.
Project Phone Line – (720) 432-3645 / Project email – email@example.com
South I-25 Gap Construction Information
Watch for changing traffic patterns. Throughout the work zone, speed limits will be a maximum 60 mph. Pay attention! Two lanes of travel in each direction of I-25 will remain open during daytime peak travel hours.
- Nine-month closure of the Spruce Mountain Road on-ramp to northbound I-25 during bridge demolition and reconstruction will begin at 8 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 6. Alternate access to I-25 is via Upper Lake Gulch Road.
- Various 16-hour closures of the southbound I-25 off-ramp to Spruce Mountain Road. Alternate access to I-25 is via Upper Lake Gulch Road
- Another series of overnight closures of southbound I-25 for bridge reconstruction later this year.
Two lanes will remain open in each direction of I-25 during peak travel times. All construction schedules are weather-dependent. The new bridge construction is part of CDOT’s Whole System – Whole Safety program and the I-25 South Gap project to improve safety and travel reliability.
Stay informed about I-25 Gap construction:
West Frontage Road Closure at Territorial Road Begins Oct. 6
Crews are planning to close a portion of the West Frontage Road from Sunday, Oct. 6 through Friday, Oct. 18, so crews can install drainage from I-25 under the West Frontage Road. The West Frontage Road will be closed from Territorial Road to 1.5 miles south of Territorial Road (see Block 1 on the map below).
Drivers – please stay the course of I-25. Local traffic – detour routes will be heavily signed for your convenience. Access to local driveways and businesses will be maintained.
This series of closures will allow crews to safely complete drainage work. For more information on frontage road closures, please visit the I-25 South Gap Frontage Road webpage. For detailed dates, stay tuned our Facebook page, @I25SouthGapProject.
For more information on frontage road closures, please visit the I-25 South Gap Frontage Road webpage.
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.