To view scheduled Maintenance Projects in unincorporated Douglas County visit www.douglas.co.us/road-work/maintenance-projects
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
C-470 Express Lanes Project
February 25 – In an effort to maintain and enhance the safety of the traveling public and construction crews, the C-470 Express Lanes project in a joint effort with the Colorado State Patrol, will be maintaining an increased enforcement presence throughout the Project Corridor beginning March through the completion of the project.
- Full closures of westbound C-470 from Santa Fe Dr. to Wadsworth Blvd. These closures are necessary to install permanent drainage.
- Tuesday, April 16 through Saturday, April 20 from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- April 15 – 19 – full closure of eastbound C-470 from the I-25 interchange to Quebec St. Monday, April 15 through Friday, April 19 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to install overhead signage structures.
- April 15 through April 18; April 22 through April 25; April 20 and April 21 – Full closures of the southbound and northbound I-25 ramps to westbound C-470.These closures are necessary to set panels and continue bridge work on the southbound E-470 to westbound C-470 Express Lane bridge.
- Monday, April 15 through Thursday, April 18 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Monday, April 22 through Thursday, April 25 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- Saturday, April 20 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Sunday, April 21 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
- April 22 and 23 –Eastbound C-470 full freeway closure from Wadsworth Blvd. to Santa Fe Dr. on Monday, April 22 and Tuesday, April 23 from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to install permanent overhead sign structures.
- April 24 and 25 – Eastbound C-470 full freeway closure from Santa Fe Dr. to Lucent Blvd on Wednesday, April 24 and Thursday, April 25 from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. These closures are necessary to install permanent overhead sign structures.
- April 27 – Full freeway closure of westbound C-470 from Lucent Blvd. to Santa Fe Dr. on Saturday, April 27 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. to install a permanent overhead sign structure.
- April 27 – full freeway closure of southbound E-470 to westbound C-470 on Saturday, April 27 from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. for earthwork, temporary paving and barrier placement operations.
South I-25 Gap Construction
Since breaking ground in September 2018, the most active construction has been within a 5-mile stretch on the northern end of the project—between Castle Rock and Sky View Lane (Tomah Road)—where new, wider shoulders and Express Lanes are being built in the I-25 center median. But starting this week, crews are working on the southern end of the project between Greenland Road and Monument.
To prepare for building the work zones, crews are repairing damaged asphalt and restriping the pavement. As part of this work, drivers can expect overnight single lane closures from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sundays through Thursdays. The lanes and shoulders will become narrower, and speeds will be reduced. Please pay attention to and drive appropriately for the changing roadway conditions.
Work on the northern section will continue. Watch for trucks entering and exiting the center median. Please maintain a safe following distance, obey all posted speed limits, allow trucks to merge, and do not follow trucks into the work zone.
By summer 2019, the entire 18-mile corridor will experience active construction. Remember, all construction schedules depend on weather.
For more information and weekly updates visit the CDOT Project website at i25gap.codot.gov
Be among the first to receive news as it happens. Sign up here and select your specific news focus and delivery preferences.