Traffic Alerts – April 2021
This alert page is a one-stop-shop to keep up with construction, maintenance, and repair projects around Douglas County. Updates are added throughout the month as we receive information. Check back regularly to see what’s happening that might impact you.
Other Projects in Douglas County and surrounding areas that will affect traffic:
- I-25 South Gap project Information / Traffic Impacts – Check project website for current information before traveling
- Major impacts expected on I-25 near Monument April 9–17 for bridge and drainage work
- South Suburban I-25 Interchange ADA Ramp Improvements (Mid-April through July 2021)
- Town of Castle Rock Road Projects
- Town of Parker Road Projects
- US 85 widening from two to four lanes between Louviers and Milepost 191.75
Single lane closures through the weekend and full overnight highway closures through next week, 20-minute delays expected
- Southbound I-25 at County Line Road Bridge will be closed tonight, Friday, April 16 beginning at 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. tomorrow, Monday, April 17.
As part of the Interstate 25 South Gap project between Monument and Castle Rock, drivers should expect delays on I-25 near Monument for County Line Road bridge construction and drainage improvements over the next several days.
Full highway closures – early next week (April 12 to 17)
There will be a full overnight closure of southbound I-25, with a ramp detour, at the County Line Road bridge Monday and Friday nights, which will reopen the following mornings. Then there will be a full overnight closure of northbound I-25, with a ramp detour, in the same area on Tuesday and Thursday nights and will reopen the following mornings. Closures are necessary to safely set bridge beams, install bridge overhang, and set deck panels for the reconstruction of the County Line Road bridge.
The Colorado Department of Transportation and prime contractor, IHC Scott Contracting, will begin installing new curb ramps (working from south to north) at the following six interchange locations: Castle Pines Pkwy, Ridgegate Pkwy, Lincoln Ave, County Line Rd., Dry Creek Rd. and Orchard Rd. Work will begin mid-April and go through July. The project is part of a larger statewide commitment by CDOT to provide greater accessibility to persons with disabilities.
- Monday through Friday, morning start times will vary based on the type of work and location (not before 7 a.m. and no later than 9:00 a.m.). On weekdays, work will end by 5 p.m. in all locations. Construction zones are on the interchange streets (not I-25). Minor traffic delays may be possible due to congestion.
- Nighttime work will require on-ramp closures at both Ridgegate Pkwy and County Line Rd., Saturdays only. A detour will be in place at these locations.
For more information visit the Project Website codot.gov/projects/i25-curb-ramps-castle-pines-to-orchard