The Old Age Pension (OAP) program provides assistance up to $809 per month. Any other income, such as Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI), Veteran’s Assistance, etc. may reduce the amount of the OAP benefit received.
Medical assistance may be available to OAP recipients.
To qualify for the OAP program benefits, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 60 years of age or older
- Be a citizen of the United States, a naturalized citizen, or an eligible legal resident of the United States
- Meet the income limit of $809 per month
- Meet the resource limit of $2,000 for an individual or $3,000 for a married couple
- Be a Douglas County resident
You may file an application one of three ways:
- Pick up an application at the Douglas County Human Services Office between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
- Have an application mailed to you by calling 303-688-4825
- Complete an application at PEAK Colorado