- If you are sick stay home.
- Douglas County parks and trails will remain open to the public to engage in walking, hiking, biking, running and similar activities. Please practice social distancing at all times.
- Public gathering areas are closed. Do not congregate in groups while engaging in outdoor activity – solo activities only. Please adhere to the public health order prohibiting outdoor gatherings of any number of people. This includes but is not limited to; basketball, baseball, frisbee, soccer, picnics.
- Practice Social distancing. The intent of the order is to minimize contact and exposure between residents to the greatest extent possible. The CDC recommends keeping a minimum of 6 feet distance between people at all times, wash hands with soap and water as frequently as possible, use hand sanitizer and cover coughs and sneezes.
- Parking lots are filling quickly, please consider visiting at less busy times – early or late – and follow all parking restrictions in public lots or on public streets.
Parker, CO 80134
Location: Off of Parker Road and Pinery Parkway
Size: 10 acres
- Ballfield (baseball or softball use)
- 2 soccer fields
- Basketball court
- Picnic shelter seats 50
- Waterless restroom
- Parking for 70 cars
- No electricity or water available
Hours: Open sunrise to sunset
Ann Evans owned all, or nearly all, of the land of the park site. She was the original owner having acquired it by Land Patent on June 1, 1875. A small sliver of the parkland may have been acquired by Carl Giem by Land Patent on March 2, 1891.
Nothing was found about Ann Evans in Douglas County historic newspapers or Douglas County History Research Center files. The 1880 Census reveals three possibilities. An Ann Evans was born in Wales in 1834, married Daniel Evans and lived in Jefferson County. Another was born in 1835 in Wales, married Miles Evans and lived in Littleton in 1880. Miles and Ann had a daughter they named Ann Evans, born1864 in Wales. It is conceivable that young Ann received a Land Patent as a 10th birthday present.
Carl Giem was born, Karl Johann Frederick Giem, in Halle, Germany on Jan. 23, 1830. The Douglas County History Research Center files contain a detailed genealogical chart for Karl Giem who is known to have lived in Douglas County.