Open Space Enjoyment and Social Distancing
As you anticipate an enjoyable day on Douglas County Open Space properties, please be aware that some trails, due to the location and terrain, have limited space for remaining socially distant from those other than in your immediate party. Please be aware when you encounter these circumstances, adjust accordingly, and help keep our community safe by adhering to
COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
Colorado Front Range Trail is ideal for both short, medium, and endurance training. The trail will eventually connect Columbine and Greenland open spaces as well as the town of Larkspur and Palmer Lake. The Colorado Front Range Trail is adjacent to Spruce Meadows, and Spruce Mountain.
Address: Columbine Open Space, Frink Creamery in Larkspur and Greenland Open Space.
Hours: One hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
- Approximately 13 miles in southern Douglas County
- Moderately easy; with a few moderate areas have noticeable grade changes..
- All-natural surface except for the cement bridge decks.
- Bicyclists, hikers, and horseback riders. Dogs must be on-leash.
- Non-potable water and port-o-lets at the Columbine and Greenland trailheads.
- Please respect the wildlife on/around the trail which includes elk, bear, mountain lions, and many other wildlife species that call this land home.