Douglas County added to iconic BOLDERBoulder Memorial Weekend 10K
3/26/2021 – Today, the BOLDERBoulder and Douglas County officially announced the Douglas County Greenland Open Space Trail as the sixth, in-person location for this Memorial Day weekend 10K event, previously run entirely in Boulder, Colorado.
Last week, organizers of the BOLDERBoulder announced that the traditional BOLDERBoulder could not be staged this Memorial Day due to public health restrictions associated with the COVID-19 virus. Click here for more information.
Greenland Open Space and Trail is a fun loop that winds around the property, and the views make the sky seem endless. Don’t forget to leash your dog on the Greenland Trail. The Colorado Front Range Trail is a part of this trail system that connects the Town of Larkspur and Palmer Lake.
Greenland Dog Park located at 1532 Noe Road in Larkspur, is a wide-open wonderland set between mountains and buttes. The long 11-mile plus trail system is perfect for training, with its gentle ups and downs with fun sweeping turns. During the summer, visitors share the trails with cattle! Don’t forget to keep your dog on a leash on the Greenland trail.
- North trailhead- 1532 Noe Road, Larkspur, CO 80118
- South trailhead and Dog Park – 751 W. Palmer Divide Avenue, Larkspur, CO 80118
Hours: One hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset.
- Crusher fines and natural surface, easy to moderate; 500 feet of elevation gain on the upper loop
- Approximately 11 miles, including loop. Five miles from Greenland to Palmer Lake.
- Multi-use: horses, mountain bikes, and hiking
- Dogs must be on a leash except in the enclosed off-leash area.
- Greenland open space map
- Group picnic shelter
- Obstacle course
- Water spigot
- Unpaved parking for 50-75 horse trailers
- Hitch rails
- Horse obstacle course,
- Dog off-leash area.