Open Space Enjoyment and Social Distancing
As you anticipate an enjoyable day on Douglas County Open Space properties, please be aware that some trails, due to the location and terrain, have limited space for remaining socially distant from those other than in your immediate party. Please be aware when you encounter these circumstances, adjust accordingly, and help keep our community safe by adhering to
COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
Greenland is a training wonderland. The long trail system has gentle ups and downs with fun sweeping turns. The Colorado Front Range Trail is a part of this trail system that connects the Town of Larkspur and Palmer Lake. During the summer, visitors share the trails with cattle!
Hours: One hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset.
- Crusher fines and natural surface, easy to moderate; 500 feet of elevation gain on the upper loop
- Approximately 11 miles, including loop. Five miles from Greenland to Palmer Lake.
- Multi-use: horses, mountain bikes, and hiking
- Dogs must be on a leash except in the enclosed off-leash area.
- Greenland open space map
- Group picnic shelter
- Obstacle course
- Water spigot
- Unpaved parking for 50-75 horse trailer
- Hitch rails
- Horse obstacle course,
- Dog off-leash area.