Stage 1 Fire Restrictions in place for Unincorporated Douglas CountyContinue Reading

Human Needs Recovery

COVID-19 Community Response Logo


Variances Volunteer/Donate


Mental Health

Colorado Crisis Services

  • Free, confidential, professional and immediate support for any mental health, substance use or emotional concern, 24/7/365.  Call 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 38255 to speak to a trained professional.
  • Crisis Center 24-hour hotline 303-688-8484 or 888 247-7472 toll-free
  • Douglas County Mental Health Initiative Resources

Children’s Hospital Resources – Our experts have put together resources on frequently asked COVID-19 questions.

Child Abuse or Neglect – Call 1-844-264-5437.  This line is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round.

Services for Older Adults – Are you an older adult living in Douglas County? Do you need assistance with community resources, human services, transportation, homemaker assistance, or handyman duties around the house?  Aging Resources is the call center for services to Older Adults in Douglas County.  You can also contact Douglas County Human Services at 303-688-4825 for information on services available.

Human Services

Douglas County Human Services offices are open to the public.  The Department of Human Services is committed to providing access to public assistance programs during this time and we continue to provide all services in-person and remotely.

Do you have general questions or don’t know where to start?
Please call 303-688-4825 for questions and assistance with our services.  Our offices are open and phones are answered from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Need Emergency Financial Assistance?
If you have minor child(ren) in the home, please complete the application for TANF by visiting

If you do not have minor child(ren) in the home, please complete the Emergency Assistance application here.

Food Banks serving Douglas County

Do you need to apply for Food Assistance (SNAP), Medicaid, Child Health Plan, WIC, Child Care Assistance, and other support programs? 

  • You can do so remotely, by visiting
  • PEAK is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • If an appointment is required for approval, the Department will contact you to schedule a phone interview.

Questions about Electronic Benefit Cards (EBT)?

  • Replacement EBT Cards can be mailed from the vendor, please call ebtEDGE at 1-888-328-2656.
  • For other EBT questions, please call the Department of Human Services at 303-688-4825.

Need to get documentation to Human Services?
You may drop off, mail, email, or fax any documentation to the following:

  • Dropbox is located to the right of the main entrance at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80109
  • FAX: 877.285.8988
  • Email: [email protected]
  • You may also call us at 303.688.4825. 

What age are children allowed to stay at home alone?  Please click here. 

Need help with child support?
Child support applications can be made online at  This website can provide general child support information along with specific payment information. You may call 303.688.4825 to reach a child support professional.

Need to apply for Unemployment?
To file or check on a claim for unemployment, please visit

  Looking for credible COVID-19 information?