The Department of Public Works Engineering works in accordance with sound engineering principles and practices providing oversight, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and implementation of infrastructure and program needs for Douglas County in compliance with adopted criteria, policies, and procedures. This included review and approval of construction plans and reports for new development of subdivisions and commercial site plans, as well as all capital improvement projects. All road construction and grading permits (excluding building permits) are issued by Public Works Engineering. In addition, all inspection of the construction of public infrastructure is performed by the Department of Public Works Engineering.
The Department of Public Works Engineering is responsible for:
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Development Review
- Grading, Erosion and Sediment Control (GESC) / Drainage, Erosions and Sediment Control (DESC)
- Permits, Inspections And Utilities
- Stormwater Management
- Transportation Engineering and Traffic Operations
- Chase Drains
- Excessive Water Over Sidewalks Brochure – Outlines action items homeowners can take to help alleviate the amount of water flowing over sidewalks/driveways, necessitating the installation of the chase drain.
- Final Report for Surface Drainage and Sidewalk Chase Drains – This report, prepared by CTL Thompson, outlines the findings of a study conducted in the Hearth / Firelight subdivisions in Highlands Ranch to determine the cause of excessive surface water.
- Douglas County Drill Seed Mixes
- Engineering Review Fee Form
- Engineering Submittal Form
Douglas County Department of Public Works Engineering operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability. Anyone who believes they have been excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any of the Douglas County Department of Public Works Engineering programs or activities because of their race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability may file a discrimination complaint with the Public Works Title VI Coordinator, Douglas County Department of Public Works Engineering or the Colorado Department of Transportation.
To file a Title VI discrimination complaint, contact:
Public Works Title VI Coordinator
Douglas County Department of Public Works Engineering
100 Third Street
Castle Rock, Colorado 80104
Colorado Department of Transportation
Civil Rights & Business Resource Center
4201 East Arkansas Avenue, Room 150
Denver, CO 80222