Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth/Death Records
Restaurant Inspections
Community Health
Child Care Center Inspections
Septic System Inspections
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Disease Surveillance
Mental and Behavioral Health Education
Community Health and Clinical Services
Women, Infants and Children


× Close
Public Works

Special Event Permit (Traffic)

Apply for Special Event Permit

Apply Online

What type of events require a Special Event Permit?

Special events requiring a permit include, but are not limited to:

  • Parades, fairs, exhibitions, motion picture filming/video production, bicycle events, foot races or walks taking place on or near public roadways or rights-of-way within unincorporated Douglas County
  • Special events may include events taking place away from a road which, due to the number of persons in attendance, create traffic congestion on a road before or after the event

Special Event Permit criteria does not apply to the following:

  • Food trucks or use of private property do not fall under this criteria. If you are planning this type of event in unincorporated Douglas County, please contact Douglas County Community Development at 303-660-7460.
  • Neighborhood block parties also do not fall under this criteria. Permits are not available for block parties in unincorporated Douglas County, which means block parties are not allowed to occupy public roadways or rights-of-way
  • Filming and photography requests. Please visit our Filming and Photography webpage to start your request.

Some general Special Event application information:

  • $50 application processing fee
  • 45 day review period (complete applications need to be submitted 45 days in advance of the event)
  • Detailed plan and map (road use, traffic control, etc.)
  • $1 million liability insurance (provide a certificate of insurance)

If you are planning an event that requires a Special Event Permit or need additional information, please contact the Traffic Services office at 303-663-6237 or by e-mail at [email protected]


Read More