Castle Pines North Metro District BOIL ADVISORY LIFTED, Following the completion of water quality testing CDPHE has rescinded the boil water advisory. Learn more.



Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth/Death Records
Restaurant Inspections
Community Health
Child Care Center Inspections
Septic System Inspections
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Disease Surveillance
Mental and Behavioral Health Education
Community Health and Clinical Services
Women, Infants and Children


× Close
Health Department

Dead Animal and Disease Reporting

Reporting Dead Rodents or Birds

If you find a dead rodent or bird that does not have a clear cause of death, report it to the Douglas County Health Department using the online report form. Although the animal may have died from natural causes, a predator, or due to disease, the Health Department may wish to test the animal for the presence of disease. You do not need to report dead animals that were involved in vehicle accidents.

If you find a dead rodent or bird, do not touch it with your bare hands. Contact the Douglas County Health Department. If you are instructed to dispose of the animal, wear gloves. Pick up the animal with a long-handled shovel and place it in a plastic bag. Tie a knot, and place that in a second bag.  Tie a knot in the second bag and dispose of the bag in a lidded outdoor trash container. Remove the gloves and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.

Reporting Diseases

By law, certain diseases must be reported by hospitals, health care providers, and laboratories to public health. If you have a reportable disease, complete the online report form or contact the Health Department at 720-643-2400.