Non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations that serve Douglas County residents may be eligible for COVID-19 impact reimbursement grants funded through the County’s share of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, distributed through the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA). The program aims to reimburse nonprofit organizations a portion of the expenses incurred as they adjusted and adapted to public health restrictions and continued to serve our community while complying with COVID-19 public health order guidelines. Organizations can apply for reimbursement of expenses incurred from March 1, 2020, through Dec. 18, 2020, due to COVID-19 on behalf of County residents that are in excess of funds expended in 2019.
Douglas County will distribute CARES Act funds to 501(c)(3) charitable organizations that have incurred eligible expenses in order to meet the needs of Douglas County residents impacted by COVID-19.
Costs that have been, or will be, reimbursed from other grant programs are not eligible. Applicants must acknowledge in the application all other grant funding received and how that funding is being used. The grant program will reimburse purchases/costs for the following:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Gloves, masks, and other face coverings
- Hand sanitizer and other hand washing equipment
- Physical barriers, shields and “sneeze guards”
- Temperature screening equipment
- Cleaning and sanitizing supplies and equipment
- COVID-19 testing
- Upgrades to air or filtration systems
- COVID-19-related signage
- Point of sale (POS) terminals or systems, including contactless payment systems
- Touchless entry or exit
- Structural or physical alterations to facilitate social distancing
- Disposable or similar items intended to limit contact and facilitate social distancing
- Other costs associated with PPE equipment or physical improvements made while enacting COVID-19-specific operations plans
- Increased Service-Demand Expenses:
- Personal care items (i.e. diapers, hygiene supplies, etc.)
- Physical or Behavioral Health Care (not covered by other sources)
- Hotel vouchers
- Childcare related to COVID-19
- Respite care
- Adult day services
- Transportation which can include trips or delivery of goods
- Reassurance calls to older adults and/or vulnerable populations
- Operational Costs:
- Unbudgeted salary expenses specific to COVID-19 response
- Space or storage
Please contact staff to discuss other potentially eligible expenses at [email protected] or by calling 303-660-7460.
Qualifications and Applications Process
Qualifying organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status on or prior to March 1, 2020.
- Must serve Douglas County residents. Organizations that serve multiple counties are eligible, but only expenses incurred through the provision of services for Douglas County residents are eligible for reimbursement.
- Have incurred expenses since March 1, 2020, as a result of COVID-19.
- The organization must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM). Click here to register in SAMs
- Funds must have been spent within the requirements of the U.S. CARES Act.
The application process will consist of two components:
- Submit the DC Nonprofit Grant Application form to [email protected]. **Please note the form will need to be completed on a laptop or desktop computer, not mobile devices. If you have any issues with the online form please contact [email protected] and the form will be emailed to you.**
- Douglas County staff will review the application form submitted, and if it appears that your organization is eligible based on the information provided, you will receive an email providing you access to a folder. A program budget template is available below. The following documents will need to be uploaded to the folder as soon as possible:
- Prior year organizational budget and actuals
- Current adopted organizational budget and any modifications made to the current budget, if applicable
- Receipts or supporting documentation equaling all expenditures described in the application for which reimbursement is sought.
- Nonprofit Grant Program Budget outlining the receipts or supporting documentation for which reimbursement is being sought.
- IRS Tax Status Letter – verifying 501(c)(3) status
Applicants will receive a confirmation email upon submittal. Applicants may be contacted for follow-up questions. Notices of award will be provided via phone and/or email. Finance Department staff will work with recipients to arrange for fund disbursement. The final issuance of awards may take up to 30 days.
Applications requesting only reimbursed items will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Friday, December 18, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Questions can be directed to [email protected] or by calling 303-660-7460.