Are you behind on your rent or utility payments due to COVID-19 financial impacts? If so, you may be eligible for assistance through the Pathways to Employment Assistance Program.
Funds are available to assist qualified Douglas County renters with arrears or future utility payments and rent through February 2022. Payments will be made directly to the utility providers, landlords, or property managers using funds received from the U.S. Treasury Department through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021.
Applicants will who are unemployed or underemployed will be referred to ADWorks! for workforce support. Those who are able to work will be expected to seek and obtain employment.
Review eligibility details below and apply if qualified to receive help with previously missed or late payments, and future payments. Applicants will be required may be required to pay a portion of the amount owed for their rent or utilities.
The County also offers other various types of assistance, please click to see more.
For employment support and services, please visit adworks.org/job-seekers
An “eligible household” is defined as a RENTER household in which at least one or more individuals named in the lease can meet and document these criteria:
- A Douglas County, Colorado resident
- Have household gross income at or below 80% of the area median income (please refer to the table and required documentation below)
- Demonstrate you are at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability because of a past due or late notice on rent or utilities
- Have not applied for or received assistance for the rent or utility assistance requested through this program
One or more of the following:
- experienced a reduction in household income due to COVID-19,
- incurred significant costs due to COVID-19,
- experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 or;
- qualifies for unemployment
Applicants who received assistance through Douglas County’s Emergency Rent Assistance program in 2021 will be subject to the same program rules and assistance limitations. Please contact the agency that provided your assistance to determine if you qualify for Pathways to Employment.
Please note, this program is intended for renter households only, if you are a home owner and need employment assistance please visit adworks.org/job-seekers.
For more information please view the Pathways to Employment Program Manual.
Renters must apply through one of the following partners, please find a list of required documentation below. Applications are available in English and Spanish. For other languages please contact Douglas County at 303-660-7460.
Apply online through one of these organizations:
|Catholic Charities – click here to apply
410 S. Wilcox Street, Suite 102
Castle Rock, CO 80104
|Help and Hope Center – click here to apply
1638 Park Street
Castle Rock, CO 80109
|Manna Resource Center – click here to apply
3900 Grace Boulevard
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
|The Rock Church – click here to apply
4881 Cherokee Drive
Castle Rock, CO 80109
- Valid identification
- Proof of income for the previous 2 months (paystubs, bank statements, etc.)
- Past due or late notice
- Utility bills or statement
|Household Size||Gross Income
(80% 0f AMI)