New COVID-19 Community Response resource available at DouglasCOVID19.comContinue Reading

Special Event Permit

Special events requiring a permit include, but are not limited to, parades, fairs, exhibitions, motion picture filming, bicycle events, foot races or walks within unincorporated Douglas County.   Special events may include events taking place away from a road which, due to the number of persons in attendance, create traffic congestion on a road before or after the event.

This Special Event permit criteria does not apply to use of private property. If you are planning an event that will take place on private property in unincorporated Douglas County, please contact Douglas County Community Development at 303.660.7460.

Some general Special Event application information:

  • $50 application processing fee
  • 45 day review period (complete applications need to be submitted 45 days in advance of event)
  • Detailed plan and map (road use, traffic control, etc.)
  • $1 million liability insurance (provide certificate of insurance)

If you are planning an event that requires a Special Event Permit or need additional information, please contact our Traffic offices at 303.663.6237 or by e-mail at [email protected]

Neighborhood block parties do not fall under this criteria. Permits are not available for block parties in unincorporated Douglas County, which means block parties are not allowed to occupy public roadways or rights-of-way. For additional information, please contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department at 303.660.7096.