Child Care Assistance Licensed Provider Types

There are two types of licensed providers Licensed Centers and Licensed Homes.

For a complete listing of licensed providers in Douglas County, visit Colorado Shines. You may also call 1-877-338-2273 to speak to a referral specialist.

This list will show all the licensed childcare centers/homes in Douglas County accepting the Child Care Assistance Program. If you want to use a provider that is not on this list, that provider will need to sign a contract with Douglas County Human Services, before we can pay them.

In order to qualify for the Child Care Assistance Program, the provider has to have a contract with Douglas County Human Services or be able to work with Douglas County Human Services to obtain a contract.  Douglas County CCCAP cannot choose your childcare provider for you. When you choose a childcare provider, think about whether your child will be safe and encouraged to grow and learn.

You can select a state-licensed center or home or an exempt provider. Exempt providers can include a friend or family member. If you want an exempt provider to be your childcare provider, the provider and all members of their household over the age of 18 must be fingerprinted and a background check completed. The exempt provider is responsible for payment of the fingerprinting and background check. Childcare cannot be authorized until the checks are completed.

To find out more information and/or to apply for Child Care Assistance, please call the 303-688-4825.