Help Me With...

Select from list
My Residential Property
My Driver's License or Vehicle Registration
Requesting Assistance
Health Department


Select from list
My Property Valuation
Understanding My Valuation
Paying My Property Tax
Neighborhood Sales
Building Permits
Vehicle Registration - New Stickers
Vehicle Registration - New Vehicle
Drivers License - New or Renew
New Resident Vehicle Registration
Adult Protection
Child Welfare
Child Support
Child Care
Financial Assistance
Medical Assistance
Food Assistance
Register to Vote / Update Voter Registration
Upcoming Election Information
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Voter Service and Polling Centers
Birth/Death Records
Restaurant Inspections
Community Health
Child Care Center Inspections
Septic System Inspections
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Disease Surveillance
Mental and Behavioral Health Education
Community Health and Clinical Services
Women, Infants and Children


× Close
Human Services

Vendor Information

Human Services works with vendors through defined processes.   Please refer to the procurement process, vendor requirements, and contracting process below:

Procurement Process

The Department periodically releases open bids.  All bids are posted on Rocky Mountain E-Purchasing System (bidnet direct)  Registration is required to access the bid and is free.  If you have problems registering or navigating the site, please call 800-835-4603.

The next available bid is expected to open November 27, 2023, and close January 12, 2024 at 2 P.M

Click here for information about how to access and respond to a bid. 

When a bid is open, Department staff may not respond to vendor questions directly.  The bid will identify the manner and timeframe for vendors questions.

The Department may use open competitive bids posted by the State of Colorado, another Colorado County, or a Colorado purchasing consortium or similar if applicable, as long as that bid is still in effect and included cooperative purchasing language.  You can learn more about Douglas County Government’s procurement process by reviewing the County’s Procurement page.

If you have general questions, please contact [email protected].

Read More

Vendor Requirements

Human Service is a highly regulated area of work, but the Department strives to simplify it as much as possible.  Requirements vary by type of service or good, and funding source.  All specifics are outlined in a contract. This page does not capture every requirement.  However, some basic requirements are below.

Vendors may not be suspended or disbarred from receiving federal funds.  This requirement can be met in various ways: a) registration on www.sam.gov that verifies the entity is in good standing, b) certification, or c) contractual condition.  SAM registration is always free.  You do not have to use a private third-party to complete or maintain SAM registration.   SAM registration must match your Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN).

Vendors must continuously meet the County’s general insurance requirements.  Actual requirements may vary and are outlined in each contract.  However, general requirements are:

  1. Commercial General Liability (CGL): Covering CGL on an “occurrence” basis, including products and completed operations, property damage, bodily injury and personal & advertising injury (including coverage for contractual and employee acts) with limits no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence. If a general aggregate limit applies, either the general aggregate limit shall apply separately to this project/location (ISO CG 25 03 or 25 04) or the general aggregate limit shall be twice the required occurrence limit. $2,000,000.
  2. Automobile Liability: Insurance Services Office Form covering, Code 1 (any auto), or if Contractor has no owned autos, Code 8 (hired) and 9 (non-owned), with limit no less than $1,000,000 per accident for bodily injury and property damage.
  3. Workers’ Compensation insurance as required by the State of Colorado, with Statutory Limits, and Employer’s Liability Insurance with limit of no less than $1,000,000 per accident for bodily injury or disease.
  4. Professional Liability Insurance appropriate to the Contractor’s profession, with limit no less than $2,000,000 per occurrence or claim, $2,000,000 policy aggregate.

A W9 is required at the time of initial contract execution and any time the information contained therein changes.

If you have questions, please contact [email protected].

Read More

Contracting Process

Human Service is a highly regulated area of work, but the Department strives to simplify it as much as possible.  The Department will determine when a Public Contract for Services (PCS) is required.  A contract issued for one term (generally 12 months) does not guarantee a subsequent contract.  The Department cannot guarantee a volume of referrals or work and corresponding revenue stream.  The demand for goods and services varies by caseload size, specific case needs, and program policy decisions.

Vendors’ internal policies, e.g., invoicing policies and missed appointments, are not assumed to be incorporated into the PCS.  Services and rates are defined in the PCS.  Any staff discussions, emails or agreements inconsistent with or not included in the PCS or Amendment are not binding or assumed to be part of the PCS or Amendment.

Child Welfare services can be complex.  Interested vendors should familiarize themselves with these special notes.

Generally, the process takes two months.  The actual amount of time varies based on many factors, e.g., number of contracts being developed at any given time, whether the vendor is new to the Department, and the type of services or goods being provided.

Since services should not begin prior to the execution of a fully executed PCS, vendors should review the requirements when contract discussions begin so they are able to begin accepting referrals and work as soon as the PCS is signed.

An Amendment may be required during the term of a PCS.  Examples of when an Amendment is required include increases in the contract maximum, a change in vendor address, or updates to services or goods being provided.  Typically, an Amendment takes less time to complete than a PCS and follows the same process.

If you have questions, please contact [email protected].

Read More