- Parents must continuously be in an eligible activity,
- Parents must provide income verification before approval,
- Families that qualify must directly pay “a parental fee” to their childcare provider for a portion of the total cost, and
- Eligibility for continued assistance is periodically re-determined.
- Parents must cooperate with Child Support Services.
These are the primary factors used to determine eligibility for this program. Eligibility will be determined by the Child Care Assistance Program staff when the applicant has completed the Child Care Assistance application, orientation by phone, and provided necessary verification.
Applications may be completed online at www.colorado.gov/PEAK or you may use the PEAK Kiosk computer available at the Douglas County Human Services building, 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock. Paper applications are available at the Douglas County Department of Human Services and can be mailed upon request.
For an appointment to discuss program eligibility, or to begin the application and orientation process, please call:
4400 Castleton Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
Below is a list of documentation you will need to provide along with your application:
- Social Security cards for all family members
- Birth certificates for all children
- Picture identification for every adult in the household
- Immunization records for all children
- One month of pay stubs for each parent
- Three months of child support verification
If you just started a new job, a confirmation letter from your employer is required. The letter must include your hire date, rate of pay, how often you are paid and your schedule. Also, needed are pay stubs within 30 days from your application date.
If you are in High School or in training to earn a GED, you can receive assistance until you complete your high school/GED education or you reach the age of 22.