Students, grades 9 – 12 are invited to attend Youth Congress, held on Monday, September 24.
Registration for the 2018 Youth Congress is now closed.
2018 Youth Congress Information
- September 24 from 8:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
200 E Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80203
( lunch will be provided)
- Buses are available if needed, leaving promptly from Legend High School and Highlands Ranch High School at 7:45 a.m.
What is Youth Congress?
It’s an event where adult leaders work with youth leaders on issues that affect the lives of Douglas County youth.
Requirements and considerations for participation:
- Must be in the 9th-12th grade living in Douglas County
- Parent/guardian permission required to attend
- Name, age, school, contact phone, and email for participant and parent/guardian required
- Participants may choose their topics of interest from a provided list
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants will receive 7.5 hours of community service
- Exploring Jobs and Higher Education Opportunities
- Behavioral Health
- 21st Century Learning
- Teen Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Prevention Sources of Strength
- ICAP Review
- First Aide Mental Health
Please contact Marsha Alston, Youth Services Program Manager at 303.814.5327 or e-mail at email@example.com
– Check in begins at State Capitol
– Meet your Elected Officials
Youth Services Coordinator Marshal Alston explains the day’s proceedings
– Break out into Small Workgroups
-A – 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
-B – 11:45 – 12:15 p.m.
-C – 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
-D – 12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
2:00 – 2:15
2:15 – 3:30 p.m.
– Presentations by Workgroups and discussion with Elected Officials.
Youth Congress is a project of the Douglas County Youth Initiative, in partnership with the Douglas County Partnership of Governments