Students, grades 9 – 12 are invited to attend Youth Congress, on October 1, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
What is Youth Congress?
It’s an event where adult leaders work with youth leaders on issues that affect the lives of Douglas County youth.
Requirements and considerations for participation:
- Must be in the 9th-12th grade living in Douglas County
- Parent/guardian permission required to attend
- Name, age, school, contact phone and email for participant and parent/guardian required
- Participants may choose their topics of interest from a provided list
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants will receive 7.5 hours of community service
- Parent Education
- Substance Abuse
- Youth Leadership and Voice
- Mental Health and Resources
- Youth Transportation
- Trauma Informed Care
- Development Assets
Please contact Marsha Alston, Youth Services Program Manager at 303.814.5327 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Check-in at State Capitol
– Meet your elected officials
– Keynote speaker
– Youth Services Coordinator, Marsha Alston, explains the day’s proceedings
– Break out into small workgroups
– Presentations by workgroups and discussion with elected officials.
Youth Congress is a project of the Douglas County Youth Initiative, in partnership with the Douglas County Partnership of Governments