Students, grades 9 – 12 are invited to attend Youth Congress, on October 1, 2019.
Online registration for the 2019 Congress is closed.
What is Youth Congress?
It’s an event where adult leaders work with youth leaders on issues that affect the lives of Douglas County youth.
Requirements and considerations for participation:
- Must be in the 9th-12th grade living in Douglas County
- Parent/guardian permission required to attend
- Name, age, school, contact phone, and email for participant and parent/guardian required
- Participants may choose their topics of interest from a provided list
- Lunch will be provided
- Participants will receive 7.5 hours of community service
- Parent Education
- Substance Abuse
- Youth Leadership and Voice
- Mental Health and Resources
- Mentorship / Connectedness
- Youth Transportation
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Development Assets
Please contact Marsha Alston, Youth Services Program Manager at 303.814.5327 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
9 a.m – 4 p.m.
– Check in begins at State Capitol
– Meet your Elected Officials
– Keynote Speaker
– Youth Services Coordinator Marshal Alston explains the day’s proceedings
– Break out into Small Workgroups
– Presentations by Workgroups and discussion with Elected Officials.
Youth Congress is a project of the Douglas County Youth Initiative, in partnership with the Douglas County Partnership of Governments