Our values and philosophy are:
- All clients are treated and serviced with respect and dignity,
- Children have a right to a safe and nurturing home environment,
- Parents are the best caretakers of their children,
- The role of this Department and this Division is to support and assist parents and caretakers in providing appropriate and adequate care for their children,
- Children are removed from the care of their parent/guardian only when the child(ren) are at imminent risk of abuse or serious neglect and all reasonable efforts to prevent removal from the home have been exhausted,
- Children will be placed with family, if appropriate, or in the most appropriate and least restrictive environment if removal from the home is necessary.