Open Space Enjoyment and Social Distancing
As you anticipate an enjoyable day on Douglas County Open Space properties, please be aware that some trails, due to the location and terrain, have limited space for remaining socially distant from those other than in your immediate party. Please be aware when you encounter these circumstances, adjust accordingly, and help keep our community safe by adhering to
COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
Enjoy views of the Colorado Front Range mountains, the Denver metro area, and grassland vegetation and wildlife. The park also provides connections to Highlands Ranch trails, the East/West Regional Trail, and South Suburban Parks and Recreation District’s trail system.
DC Parks and Trails require proper permitting prior to any organized use County Field, Parks and Trails.
Size: 235 acres
Hours: Open sunrise to sunset.
- Parking lot (56 capacity + 3 equestrian parking spaces) – Group picnic shelters can be reserved throughout the year with a minimum of two weeks advanced notice. View more information and fees by clicking here.
- 1 Picnic shelter (32 capacity)
- 1 Restroom (portable)
- Electricity NOT available
- 1 Trail system – 3.72 miles of soft-surface trail
- Easy with some hills, 200-foot elevation gain with some grades exceeding 8% in short stretches