Current Dam information:
- FP-B1: Design is complete, regulatory review and permitting complete, and currently in the process of selecting a contractor. This work will commence sometime after mid-August. The end result will be a non-jurisdictional flood protection structure that provides the same degree of flood protection as has been provided historically.
FP-S1: The conversion project is largely complete, DC engineering staff is closely monitoring the vegetation and site stabilization to ensure a timely closure for the project. The conversion achieved the hydraulic performance defined in the outfall study plan for the watershed.
- WCC 7: The contractor is working to schedule the project to best align with seed germination and material availability. The project has been contracted and awarded, all regulatory and associated permitting is complete.
- FP-P1: The design has been submitted to multiple applicable regulatory agencies for review and permitting. This design will convert the structure to a non-jurisdictional flood protection structure while also preserving the same level of flood protection as has been provided historically.
- WCC 11: Initial and conceptual designs in progress.
- FP-E8: Initial and conceptual designs in progress.
- FP-M1: Design complete.
- FP-W1: Design complete.
All dams will continue to see standard operations and maintenance as they have previously; pursuant to all applicable State Engineer’s Office regulations. If you have a county dam on your property, you are encouraged to contact Douglas County at your convenience – Zak Humbles, Project Engineer, at [email protected]