Property Tax Inquiry
View your parcel details for current and prior year payment history, as well as obtain current year tax amounts and print a copy of your tax statement.To pay your taxes online, use the search below to locate your parcel, then click on the Pay Taxes Online link in the left column.
The due date to pay second half property taxes is June 15. If paying taxes after the due date, payments are required to include accrued interest. Use the parcel search tool above to locate tax details specific to your account and to confirm balance status.
Property Tax Statements
The annual Property Tax information should arrive in the mail no later than February 1st. If your mortgage company is responsible for the payment of your taxes, you will receive a postcard notification in lieu of an itemized tax statement. After January 13, you may view and print your complete tax statement by using the parcel search application above. Click here for further information regarding mortgage company property tax payments.
Payment due dates:
IN FULL BY APRIL 30 or in two installments - FIRST HALF BY LAST DAY OF FEBRUARY and SECOND HALF BY JUNE 15
- Colorado Revised Statutes require the Douglas County Treasurer to mail a tax statement or notice of electronic statement availability of property taxes to each owner of record even though a mortgage company may be responsible for making payment. Douglas County Treasurer’s Office does not mail property tax notices to mortgage companies.
- Failure of any person to receive their annual tax statement shall not preclude collection by the Treasurer in the amount of taxes due and payable by such person (CRS 39-10-103(1)(a). Applicable delinquent interest and other charges shall apply to delinquent payments (CRS 39-10-104.5)
- If a mortgage company is responsible to pay your property taxes, you may receive a postcard notification of your property tax. To view and print your actual tax statement, you may use our online Property Tax Inquiry to see the full statement and payment details.
- Most mortgage companies pay taxes in half payment installments due February 28th and June 15.
- Payments from mortgage companies occur in several ways. Some mortgage companies remit payment directly to our office electronically or with coupons forwarded by their clients. Other companies use tax services for processing tax payments. If a tax service is used, the service remits payments electronically for multiple mortgage companies.
- Any refunds from overpayments that exist after processing are made to the applicable mortgage company. Delays in refunding may be a result of tax service involvement.
Printable Douglas County W-9 form for use per federal IRS requirements.
Property Tax Payment OptionsProperty tax payment options are now available online, by telephone, or in person in the Treasurer's Office . Service fees apply to credit card and electronic check options.
By MailMake checks payable to DOUGLAS COUNTY TREASURER. To ensure accurate credit of your payment, please include the appropriate coupon with your payment. MAILING ADDRESS: Douglas County Treasurer P.O. BOX 1208 CASTLE ROCK, CO 80104-1208
OnlineTo make a payment online, use the Property Tax Inquiry to locate your parcel, click on the Property Tax Details link and then press the Pay Taxes Online button. Please be aware that the Treasurer's Office will consider your account paid only upon acceptance by the financial institution.
TelephoneTo make a payment by telephone 1.800.607.4481.
Treasurer's OfficeIn person at our Castle Rock location.
Payment MethodsNote: When paying taxes online or by telephone, the transaction will not be considered complete until you have obtained a payment confirmation number.
- Credit Card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover)
- Electronic Check (Direct payment from a checking or savings account)
**All fees are collected by a third party vendor to cover processing costs and are not retained by Douglas County. This service fee is in addition to the property tax amount due and is non-refundable in the event of overpayment or refund of any part of the property tax.
- Payments, and all other correspondence, should be mailed to:
Douglas County Treasurer, PO Box 1208 Castle Rock, CO 80104-1208
By Express Delivery (FEDEX, DHL, UPS)Use street address; 100 Third St., Suite 120, Castle Rock, CO 80104-2425
In PersonPayments may be dropped off directly with the Treasurer's Office at the street address listed above between the hours of 8am to 5pm. Refer to the contact information on the left side of this page for driving directions.
Drop Boxes(3 locations within Douglas County)
- Philip S. Miller Building - Drive-up tax payment box at the northwest curb in front of the Phillip S. Miller Building, 100 Third Street in Castle Rock.
- Highlands Ranch Motor Vehicle Office - Drop box located INSIDE the Motor Vehicle Office at 2223 Wildcat Reserve Parkway, G-1 (main intersection is Highlands Ranch Parkway and Wildcat Reserve). Office hours are Monday -Friday, 7am - 5:30pm
- Park Meadows Center Motor Vehicle Office: Drop box located INSIDE the Motor Vehicle Office at 9350 Heritage Hills Circle, Lone Tree. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 7am - 5:30pm.
We Welcome Your Comments
Please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 303.660.7455 with any comments or questions.