The 2021 Internet Tax Lien Sale will be held on November 4, 2021
2021 Tax Lien Sale Interest Rate is 9%
Purchasing delinquent tax liens at sale is a popular form of investment.
Here are some facts to help you understand what a tax lien sale investment is, and is NOT:
- When you purchase a tax lien sale certificate on property, you become a lienholder on the property. In essence, you loan funds to the owner to pay taxes.
- You purchase the tax lien, NOT the property. In Douglas County, eventual transfer of deed has occurs in less than 1 percent of all purchases.
- Investing in tax liens through purchase at tax lien sale is just that — an investment.
- The State Banking Commission determines the rate of return. The annual interest rate is set at nine points above the federal discount rate as of Sept. 1.
The Treasurer’s Office wishes to make it very clear that all sales are made with a “buyer beware” warning. While we make every effort to remove property with bankruptcies, FDIC or RTC connections, we cannot guarantee a property to be buildable or desirable. In any legal proceeding involving a tax lien, Douglas county will not represent the investor.
See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Tax Sale Information
- Understanding Tax Liens in Douglas County a guide to help you navigate the tax lien sale process.
- The annual Tax Lien Sale will be conducted via an internet auction. Please visit zeusauction.com for all bidding rules, guidelines and registration information.
- Treasurer Welcome Letter
- Auction Rules and Information
- Tax Certificate Process
- Use the OPEN DATA link/Maps & Apps/Tax Liens/Sale Locations to view an interactive map relating to Tax Liens and Tax Sale data
- Use the OPEN DATA link/Property Data/Tax Lien List to obtain a current listing of delinquent properties
- Use the OPEN DATA LINK/Property Data/Tax Sale List to obtain a current listing of the advertised properties for the 2021 Tax Lien Sale
- Redemption Signature Form
- Treasurer Deed Request and Procedure Form
- W-9 Form
- Request for Assignment of County Held Tax Lien
- Tax Sale Registration