Demography: the statistical study of human populations especially with reference to size and density, distribution, and vital statistics
The Douglas County Department of Community Development compiles and analyzes demographic and economic data, and publishes the Population & Development Report, a compilation of data and statistics from county, state, and federal sources covering population, housing, and economic topics.
Demographics – 2021
- Population estimate for January 1, 2021: 379,000
- The housing growth rate in 2020 was 2.8 percent
- 92 percent of the population lives in urban areas which is 18 percent of the County land area
- 8 percent of the population lives in rural areas which is 82 percent of the County land area
- According to the 2040 Douglas County Comprehensive Master Plan the population is projected to increase by 39,000 by 2030.
Incorporated towns and cities estimated populations for January 1, 2021:
- Aurora (only the portion in Douglas County) – 2,900
- Castle Pines – 12,760
- Castle Rock – 75,285
- Larkspur – 195
- Littleton – 710
- Lone Tree – 16,300
- Parker – 61,690
Unincorporated Douglas County population estimate is 209,160.