This 7.2 mile foothills-to-forest trail spans from the Sharptail/Roxborough area to the Indian Creek Trail of the Pike National Forest.
- Natural surface, difficult due to the remoteness of the area, with elevation increases of 1,000 + feet.
- 7.2-mile trail winds through the County’s Nelson Ranch and Pike Hill Open Space properties on the east, and then the Pike National Forest on the west. It connects the Sharptail Trail to the Indian Creek Trail.
- Horses and hikers are allowed (if accessing from Sharptail Trail
- Horses, hikers, mountain bikes and dogs on leash if accessing from the Indian Creek Trail.
- Picnic tables along the trail at Roxborough Park overlook
- Benches along trail on the steeper east side
NOTE: Hikers and horse riders accessing from Sharptail Trailhead travel 5 miles on trails before reaching the eastern start of the Ringtail Trail. Hikers can also start from the Roxborough State Park visitor center.