Sidewalk Repairs

For additional sidewalk repairs visit Sidewalk Handicap Ramp Repair / Replacement

Project Description
This project consists of the repair of broken and damaged sidewalks, and the replacement of curb ramps with new, ADA compliant curb ramps, on streets that will be paved later.

Prior to beginning work, the Contractor will post “No-Parking” signs on streets where repairs are scheduled.  Please obey the “No -Parking” signs and ensure your vehicle(s) are moved during the days and hours of the scheduled repair work.

Tree Trimming will be performed by the County’s contract arborist for this project, prior to the start of construction, to remove branches that overhang the roadway and sidewalk that may be damaged during construction.  If your tree needs to be trimmed, you will receive a mailer from the County with detailed information about the work.

To request a repair that is not included in this summer’s program, use our online request form.

Work scheduled for the first half of 2019 is complete; work scheduled for this fall (south of Poston Avenue).

  • Beginning Monday, Oct. 21 work will begin on Lismore way and generally move from west to east.  Streets included in this initial phase include Danbury Avenue, Danbury Lane,  Lismore Way, Pemberly Avenue, Redvale Road, Shadecrest Place, Shadecrest Point, Southshire Road, Stonington Court, and Stonington Street.

Streets will be posted with “no-parking” signs prior to the start of the work, in locations where repairs are planned.  If work is expected to occur in front of your driveway, the Contractor will contact you regarding moving your vehicles out of your garage and driveway for the 72 hours needed to perform the work and allow the concrete to strengthen.

This work is being done in advance of planned street paving next year.

View the 2019 Project Map for detailed schedule information.  You may also sign up for project notifications by clicking on the project in the 2019 Project Map and select “Sign Up for Notifications!”.

Chatos Concrete
Phone: 720-252-7959

Project Inspector
Keith Burke
Phone: 303-947-8720


My vehicle was towed because it was left in the construction zone.  How do I find out where it went?
Please contact Westside Towing at 303-688-5244 for information on where your car was towed.

My driveway is more than 1” lower (or higher) than the new sidewalk.
Contact the Project Inspector to see about lifting your driveway (if it is lower) or replacing a section of your driveway (if it is higher).

How do I get my sidewalk fixed?
To request a repair that is not included in this summer’s program, use our online request form.

The Contractor damaged my lawn sprinklers.
The contractor is required to repair any damage to sprinklers.  Contact the Contractor first; if the repairs are not completed within four days of your call to the Contractor, contact the Project Inspector.

The sidewalk across my driveway was replaced; how long do I need to wait to drive over the new concrete?
The contractor will remove cones blocking the sidewalk when it is ready to open; this is generally within seven days of completing the work.

The work damaged my sod; with the Contractor replace it?
The Contractor is required to keep sod removal to 4” or less from the back of the new sidewalk and to place topsoil and seed in the area where the sod was removed.  If the removed sod is wider than 4” and you want a new strip of sod placed, contact the Project Inspector.  Note that sod replacement requires the removal and replacement of a minimum of 18” wide strip and will only be done once.

I would like to have a chase drain installed while they are doing the work.
Existing, authorized chase drains will be replaced if needed.  To request an evaluation of a drainage problem to see if a new chase drain is needed, please call Public Works Operations at 303 660-7480 or email

For all other issues, contact Dan Roberts, Project Engineer for Douglas County Public Works Engineering at or 303-660-7487.