Construction is underway to widen and improve US 85 between Sedalia (SH 67) and Louviers in Douglas County. The project will ease congestion, improve access to side streets and left-turn lanes, improve drainage, enhance safety, add wildlife fencing and build a new bridge. The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2022.
Listed below are the traffic impacts and road work to expect this upcoming week of March 7 – 13 on the US 85 Widening project:
- For US 85, north and southbound, there will be various shoulder closures from Sedalia to Titan Road for deer fencing and roadway grading. Work will take place Monday through Friday, 7 am – 5 pm.
- There is no anticipated weekend work.
Generally, please be prepared for delays. Due to weather conditions, the road work schedule is frequently adjusting. We will continue to keep you updated on any changes.
For the current work schedule and anticipated lane closures please visit www.codot.gov/projects/us85-widening-louviers
Work began on July 6 and the estimated finish date is Spring 2022. Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the weekdays, with some night and weekend work possible.
● Motorists will begin to see construction activities on the east side of US 85.
● There will continue to be one lane open in each direction during construction.
● During the course of the project, there will be occasional lane closures that shift traffic to a single lane in each direction.
● There will be shoulder closures at times.
● There could be delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
● The speed limit will be reduced to 45 mph through the work zone with possible reductions to 40 mph when flaggers are present.
● Motorists are urged to heed the speed limit and drive carefully.