Construction is under way to widen and improve US 85 between Sedalia (SH 67) and Louviers in Douglas County. The project will ease congestion, improve access to side streets and left turn lanes, improve drainage, enhance safety, add wildlife fencing and build a new bridge. The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2022.
Construction activities for the week of 9/20-9/26. Night work will occur on Sunday and Monday from 7 p.m. – 6 p.m. for roadway striping on US 85, Aspen Leaf to Kelly Ct. There will be flaggers on sight to shift traffic into a single lane as needed while striping work occurs.
Also, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m – 5 p.m. continued shoulder closures in both directions of US 85 from Sedalia to Titan Road for deer fencing and from Sedalia to Airport Road there will be flagging operations for occasional northbound traffic stops to allow construction vehicles to enter and exit the highway.
For the current work schedule and anticipated lane closures please visit www.codot.gov/projects/us85-widening-louviers
Work began on July 6 and the estimated finish date is Spring 2022. Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the weekdays, with some night and weekend work possible.
● Motorists will begin to see construction activities on the east side of US 85.
● There will continue to be one lane open in each direction during construction.
● During the course of the project, there will be occasional lane closures that shift traffic to a single lane in each direction.
● There will be shoulder closures at times.
● There could be delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
● The speed limit will be reduced to 45 mph through the work zone with possible reductions to 40 mph when flaggers are present.
● Motorists are urged to heed the speed limit and drive carefully.