The Colorado Department of Transportation and Castle Rock Construction Company, LLC plan to begin work on the US 85 widening project on July 6. A 2.5-mile stretch of the highway will be rebuilt and widened to two lanes in each direction between Sedalia and Louviers. When completed, there will be two lanes of travel in each direction from Littleton to Castle Rock. The project will ease congestion, improve access to side streets and left turn lanes, improve drainage, enhance safety, add wildlife fencing and build a new bridge.
Work is scheduled to begin on July 6 and finish spring 2022. Most work will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the weekdays, with some night and weekend work possible.
● Motorists will begin to see construction activities on the east side of US 85.
● There will continue to be one lane open in each direction during construction.
● During the course of the project, there will be occasional lane closures that shift traffic to a single lane in each direction.
● There will be shoulder closures at times.
● There could be delays of 5 to 10 minutes.
● The speed limit will be reduced to 45 mph through the work zone with possible reductions to 40 mph when flaggers are present.
● Motorists are urged to heed the speed limit and drive carefully.