Looking for a volunteer opportunity that also directly serves your community? Serve on one of our many Citizen Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions.
Those who serve as volunteers on these advisory bodies provide input to the County’s decision-making process in many areas of subject expertise. The County and its citizens, in turn, benefit from your service.
Position responsibilities, Commissioner District representation, terms of office, the appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee and commission. Vacancies on boards, commissions or committees
Citizen Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions
- Audit Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Building Board of Appeals
- Community Services Block Grant Tripartite Board
- Cultural Council
- Extension Advisory Council
- Fair Board
- Historic Preservation Board
- Human Services Citizen Review Panel
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Library District Board of Trustees
- Liquor Licensing Authority
- Mile High Regional Emergency Medical & Trauma Advisory Council
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Open Space Advisory Committee
- Parks and Trails Advisory Board
- Placement Alternatives Commission
- Planning Commission
- Tri-County Board of Health
- Veterans Services Office
Do you have questions about a particular board, committee or commission? Please contact the staff person listed with each advisory board or you may also contact staff in the Commissioners’ Office at 303.660.7401.
- Application for Appointment for Citizen Advisory Boards – If you are interested in applying for one of the advisory boards, please complete this online form. It will be submitted to staff for review.
- Boards, Commissions and Committees Code of Conduct
- Douglas County Volunteer Connect – Volunteer Connect of Douglas County, Colorado is a community resource provided by the Partnership of Douglas County Governments. The purpose of this site is to bring organizations in need of volunteers in touch with the individuals in our community who are looking for ways to help. The Volunteer Connect website is designed as a “one-stop shop” for volunteers to search and sign up for opportunities that match their area of interest, location and schedule.