One of the best ways to become involved with your County government is to serve on one of its many Citizen Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions.
These advisory bodies give citizens the opportunity to provide input into the County’s decision-making process. The County, in turn, benefits from our citizens’ expertise and experience. The responsibilities, terms of office, membership size, appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee and commission. Information about each of the boards, committees and commissions is provided below.
List of vacancies on Boards, Commissions or Committees
Position responsibilities, position representation (at-large or by Commissioner District), terms of office, board, committee or commission size, appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee and commission.
List of Citizen Advisory Boards, Committees and Commissions
- Application for Appointment for Citizen Advisory Boards
- Audit Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Building Board of Appeals
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Advisory Board
- Community Services Block Grant Tripartite Board
- Cultural Council
- Extension Advisory Council
- Fair Board of Directors
- Historic Preservation Board
- Human Services Citizen Review Panel
- Juvenile Community Review Board
- Library District Board of Trustees
- Liquor Licensing Authority
- Mile High Regional Emergency Medical & Trauma Advisory Council
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Open Space Advisory Committee
- Parks, Trails and Building Grounds Advisory Board
- Placement Alternatives Commission
- Planning Commission
- Tri-County Board of Health
- Veterans Services Office
Citizen Ad Hoc Advisory Committees are groups of citizens organized for the purpose of providing advice and assistance to the County Commissioners regarding various County issues.
If you have questions about a particular board, committee or commission, please contact the staff person listed or you may also call the Commissioners’ Office at 303.660.7401.
- Application for Appointment for Citizen Advisory Boards - If you are interested in applying for one of the advisory boards, please complete this online form. It will be submitted to staff for review.
- Boards, Commissions and Committees Code of Conduct
- Douglas County Volunteer Connect – Volunteer Connect of Douglas County, Colorado is a community resource provided by the Partnership of Douglas County Governments. The purpose of this site is to bring organizations in need of volunteers in touch with the individuals in our community who are looking for ways to help. The Volunteer Connect website is designed as a “one-stop shop” for volunteers to search and sign up for opportunities that match their area of interest, location and schedule.