Commissioners Roger Partridge, Jill Repella and David Weaver
Message from the Douglas County Commissioners
As the Board of County Commissioners we believe that open and transparent government requires that the business of County government should be open to effective public review. This includes access to information as well as the knowledge of the ability to participate in public discussion.
As such we support:
- public processes that provide opportunities for diverse opinions and ideas to be heard and considered
- affording citizens and taxpayers with proper and public due process;
- performing our duties and responsibilities professionally, fairly, openly and respectfully;
- keeping elected officials, citizens, taxpayers and one another informed via timely information;
- diligent management of financial affairs in order to ensure the County’s long term financial health and the provision of essential public services;
- balancing short-term and long-term priorities in order that we may promote sustainable communities, a sustainable environment, and sustainable economic opportunities which support and maintain the quality of life in Douglas County;
- providing clear direction and guidance to citizen committees and commissions;
- working to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts to the benefit of our community.
For more detailed information about the Board’s adherence to principles of governance please visit review the Board of County Commissioners Policy Governance Manual.
We welcome your ideas and comments by phone 303.660.7401 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org