Douglas County residents may recycle their electronics for free and year-round through Dec. 30.
Techno Rescue will be closed for holidays on the following dates: Sept. 6, Nov. 25-26, Dec. 24-25, and Dec. 31.
Techno Rescue, 3251 Lewiston Street, Suite 10 in Aurora
- Check-in at the Front Office and state the drop-off is for the Douglas County event
- Proof of Residency will be required (photo id and verification of address such as driver’s license or state id)
Drop-Off Dates and Times
Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and the following Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.:
– September 25
– October 16
– November 13
– December 18
For questions or additional information please call Techno Rescue at 303-482-2207.
|Bathroom and food scales||DVD players/VCRs||Power cords|
|Cables||Electric lawnmowers (no gas)||Remote control devices|
|Cameras and lenses||Electric Lawn Trimmers (no gas)||Remotes|
|Car stereos and radios||Electric scooters||Satellite dishes|
|Cassette tapes/VHS tapes||Electrical wire and stereo cables||Servers and network equipment|
|CD’s||Hard drives and memory||Sewing machines|
|Cell phones||Keyboards and mice||Speakers|
|Computer monitors||Lead-acid backup batteries||Stereo Equipment|
|Computer towers||Lithium-ion computer batteries||Telescopes|
|Computers/laptops||Misc. computer parts||Televisions (all sizes, types)|
|Corded power tools||Modems/routers||Vacuums|
|Corded telephones||Network switches||VOIP phones|
|Cordless power tools||Paper shredders|
Large appliances including refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, and dryers
Air Conditioning and Swamp Coolers
Broken or exposed cathode ray tube (CRT) glass
Items that contain Freon (mini-refrigerator, wine refrigerator)
Items containing liquid mercury (Thermostats, fire detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, etc)
Light bulbs of any kind
Poly-chlorinated biphenyl ballasts (PBC) found in fluorescent light fixtures
For more information about other recycling vendors and options throughout the year please visit any of the links below (fees and restrictions vary):
- Tri-County Health Departments A-Z Recycling Guide
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Residential Electronics and Computer Waste
- PCs for People
Outcomes of Previous E-recycling Events:
- Drop-offs at Techno Rescue (Aug. 5-7 and Aug. 10-12) – 38,628 pounds of electronics.
- Aug. 8, 2020 – 266,805 pounds (133 tons) of electronics were received. Douglas County Search and Rescue and Douglas County Community Safety Volunteers will share $14,300 in donations.
- July 15, 2020 – 246,000 pounds (123 tons) of electronics were received filling eighteen 52′ trailers. Douglas County Search and Rescue received $18,000 in donations.
- June 17, 2020 – 189,225 pounds (94.61 tons) of electronics were received filling thirteen 52’ trailers. Douglas County Search and Rescue received $8,600 in donations.
- 2019 – 275,823 pounds (137.91 tons) of electronics were received.
- 2018 – 180,000 pounds (90 tons) of electronics were received.
These events were made possible by: