Citizen Ad Hoc Advisory Committees are groups of citizens organized for the purpose of providing advice and assistance to the County Commissioners regarding various County issues.
- Appointments to Citizen Ad Hoc Advisory Committees will only be made by the Board of County Commissioners
- If a Commissioner District does not have interested citizens, or otherwise qualified, in the sole discretion of the Commissioner(s) an at-large member may be appointed by that respective Commissioner
- Committees shall be made up, whenever possible and reasonable, of an agreed upon number of individual Commissioner appointments to represent the Commissioner Districts as well as an agreed number of representatives in the area of interest
- At the start of the Committee’s work, an end-date of their activities will be established
Scope and Role of Project:
- The Committee will look, review, read and provide input based on an established work plan
- Vision will be defined by the Board of County Commissioners
- Committee priorities will be established
- Strategies will be recommended
- Thoughtful and constructive evaluation will take place
Rules and Guidelines:
- No financial commitments will be made by the Ad Hoc Committee
- Members may not be added to the group without BOCC approval
- Members of the Committee may not expand the mission of the group without permission of the Board of County Commissioners or appointed County Staff
- The Committee must stay within the scope of the project
- The Committee cannot engage County staff outside of Committee activities
- The Committee will direct all media inquiries to the County’s Director of Public Affairs
- Committee members may draw administrative and technical support from appointed County staff members, when a staff member has been assigned, during the duration of the committee
- Members appointed to a Committee may not sit on more than one active Ad Hoc Committee at a time
- Robert’s Rules of Order should provide guidance, as appropriate, for conducting business
- Committee meetings are restricted to Committee members, staff, and invited guests only, unless otherwise required to be posted as an open meeting.
If you have questions about a particular board, committee or commission, please contact the staff person listed or you may also call the Commissioners’ Office at 303.660.7401.