Stage 1 Fire Restrictions for Unincorporated Douglas CountyContinue Reading

Financial Assistance

Notice to all clients who use the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card – Colorado clients are experiencing issues with their benefits being stolen.  Colorado EBT card numbers are being use in other states even though the thief does not have possession of the Colorado EBT card.  This is called “cloning”.  Colorado has blocked certain states due to this problem.  Cardholders can find the specific cities/state that are being blocked on the state’s webpage under “Can I use my EBT card in another state?” and by clicking on the more information link.

If you would like to set-up direct deposit to a bank account for your cash benefits or would prefer to get a KeyBank debit card for your cash benefits only, please call the Department at 303-688-4825 extension 5341 or come into our office at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock.

Colorado EBT Instructions – English


Colorado EBT Instructions – Spanish


Financial, Food, Medical Programs and Utility Assistance

  • Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) / Aid to the Blind (AB)
    The Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) program provides cash assistance to low income Colorado residents, age 18-59, who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working.   The Aid to the Blind program serves people under-age 60 who have at least a six-month total disability that precludes them from working.
  • Burial Assistance
    If someone is help from certain programs, their family may be able to get help to pay for cremation, funeral and burial costs
  • Emergency / General Assistance
    Generally for rent and monthly housing bills.
  • Health Insurance Buy-in (HIBI)
    The Health Insurance Buy-in (HIBI) program is for Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid program) clients who have access to commercial health insurance.
  • Home Care Allowance
    You may be able to receive financial assistance to help pay someone who helps you with personal care if you are over 18 and disabled.
  • Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
    LEAP runs from November 1 through April 30 each year.  The Douglas County program is administered through a partnership with Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado.
  • Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
    The State of Colorado may provide financial assistance for your Medicare Part B premium.   There are  monthly income restrictions on this assistance.
  • Old Age Pension
    The Old Age Pension (OAP) program provides assistance up to $771 per month. Any other income, such as Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI), Veteran’s Assistance, etc. may reduce the amount of the OAP benefit received.
  • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
    There are ways you could receive financial assistance for your family or for children you are raising.