Looking for a volunteer opportunity that also directly serves your community? Serve on one of our many Citizen Advisory or External Boards, Committees and Commissions. View current vacancies.
When you serve as a volunteer on an advisory body you provide input to the County’s decision-making process in many areas of subject matter expertise. The County and its citizens, in turn, benefit from your service.
Position responsibilities, Commissioner District representation, terms of office, the appointment process and meeting schedules vary for each board, committee, and commission. Vacancies on boards, commissions or committees
Citizen Advisory, Committees and Commissions
- Audit Committee
- Building Board of Appeals
- Community Services Block Grant Tripartite Board
- Cultural Council
- Extension Advisory Council
- Fair Board
- Historic Preservation Board
- Human Services Citizen Review Panel
- Noxious Weed Advisory Commission
- Open Space Advisory Committee
- Parks and Trails Advisory Board
- Placement Alternatives Commission
- Planning Commission
- Veterans Services Office
External Board Appointments
The Douglas County Commissioners appoint representatives to the following external boards:
- Library District Board of Trustees
- Mile High Regional Emergency Medical & Trauma Advisory Council
- Tri-County Board of Health
Do you have questions about a particular board, committee or commission? Please contact the staff person listed with each advisory board or you may also contact staff in the Commissioners’ Office at 303.660.7401.
- Application for Appointment for Citizen Boards, Committees and Commissions, and External Boards – If you are interested in applying, please complete this online form. It will be submitted to staff for review.
- Boards, Commissions and Committees Code of Conduct (Code of Conduct does not apply to External Boards).
- Douglas County Volunteer Connect – Volunteer Connect of Douglas County, Colorado is a community resource provided by the Partnership of Douglas County Governments. The purpose of this site is to bring organizations in need of volunteers in touch with the individuals in our community who are looking for ways to help. The Volunteer Connect website is designed as a “one-stop-shop” for volunteers to search and sign up for opportunities that match their area of interest, location, and schedule.