COLORADO OPEN RECORDS ACT (CORA)
The Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), C.R.S. §24-72-201 et seq. guarantees that the public has access to the records of government bodies at all levels in Colorado. Most records are public and open for inspection. Many County public records are available on our website. Some of the more commonly requested records include:
If you are unable to find what you need online, please submit an open records/CORA request to one of the following:
- All County Departments and Offices (excluding Sheriff ) email CORA@douglas.co.us
- Coroner Records – The Douglas County Coroner’s office charges $00.25 (twenty-five cents) per page for CORA requested reports (autopsy and Coroner Letters will continue to be no charge).
- Human Services case-specific records please fill out the online form.
- Sheriff’s Office please email CJRA@dcsheriff.net
Please include the following information in your request:
- Your name and contact information
- Organization represented (if any)
- Specific description of the document – dates, type of document, parties involved, etc. Broad, vague or voluminous requests may cause delays in producing the records.
- County Department or Office, if known
Record requests will be responded to within three working days. When extenuating circumstances exist, the period shall be extended for an additional seven working days. Requesters will be notified of the need for an extension within the first three days.
County policy: Open Records Request Procedure and Fees
These policies and procedures are subject to modifications of CORA or other State Statutes, which shall supersede any conflicting provisions in these policies and procedures.